Montreal, QC (PRWEB) November 08, 2011
Matrox Graphics is pleased to announce the latest generation of Extio F2208 and Extio F2408 KVM extenders and Extio F2408E Expander units now support a broader range of Linux operating systems and showcase a new degree of remote multi-display flexibility using a minimum of fiber-optic cabling. The Matrox Extio product line, which extends keyboard, mouse, USB, audio, and multi-monitor functionality from the host computer by up to one kilometer (3280 feet) enables new capabilities including cloning, stretched desktops, multi-GPU, and multi-unit support.
Users can now install two Matrox interface cards, two Extio KVM extenders, and two Expander units to remotely drive any combination of 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, and 16 displays in such mission-critical environments as process control, operations control centers, emergency dispatch, and transportation management deploying a variety of desktop configurations with minimal cabling.
"Many industrial markets focus on open-system platforms and deploy Linux operating system solutions with unique capabilities. Reducing noise and heat with our passive cooling is a key feature for many industries extending the desktop remotely," says George Rigas, Business Development Manager, Matrox Graphics Inc. "With the various Linux distributions supported, the Matrox Extio Series solutions provide a degree of flexibility previously unavailable in KVM extender technology. Delivering uncompressed data to remote displays provides uncompromised visual quality for mission critical environments."
Some key Linux features with the new 1.30 driver release:
- Support of a wide range of Linux OS, including:
o Red Hat EL 5.x to 6.0
o Fedora Core 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
o SUSE Enterprise (Server and Desktop) 10, 10.4, 11, 11.1
o openSUSE 11, 11.1, 11.2, 11.3, 11.4
o Ubuntu 8.10, 9.04, 9.10, 10.04, 10.10, 11.04
- Ability to combine two PCIe interface cards with two Extio F2208 or F2408 KVM extenders or one of each, and the ability to upgrade one or two Extio F2408s with Extio F2408E Expander units; In the latter configuration, Extio is capable of driving up to 16 DisplayPort and/or DVI displays, a USB keyboard, USB mouse, audio, plus eight additional USB 2.0 ports by up to one kilometer from the PC
- Ability to clone a stretched desktop to another remote Extio-powered multi-display setup connected to the same system via a second fiber-optic connection
- Full RandR 1.2 support to dynamically resize the display without rebooting Linux
- 4x4 display wall configurations through integration of Xinerama with full OpenGL 2.0 support of up to 16 displays using a single desktop
- Specific support of 2Kx2K displays for Air Traffic Control (ATC) displays
Download the new Linux 1.30 driver: http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/support/drivers
About Matrox Graphics Inc.
Matrox Graphics is a leading manufacturer of graphics solutions for professional markets. In-house design expertise, top-to-bottom manufacturing, and dedicated customer support make our solutions the premier choice in industries that require stable, high-reliability products. Founded in 1976, Matrox is a privately held company headquartered in Montreal, Canada, with representation and offices in the Americas, Europe, and Asia.
For more information, visit http://www.matrox.com/graphics or contact Matrox Graphics graphics(at)matrox(dot)com.
# # #