Earning an MBA is a natural transition for those who serve in the military because the leadership experience and skills they gain during their service can be directly applied to both their business education and a career in business
Hoboken, New Jersey (PRWEB) May 31, 2011
eLearners.com today revealed the top five reasons military service members should consider an online MBA program. According to the Graduate Management Admission Council, on average, 40,000 individuals separate from the U.S. military each year, of which, about 1,000 choose to attend MBA programs. For active duty military that do not want to wait until they have left the service to pursue an MBA, an online program can be an excellent option. Online education has long been a popular choice for service members due to its flexible scheduling and convenience.
From research conducted by eLearners.com, here are the top 5 reasons military service members should consider an online MBA:
1) Earning an MBA is a natural transition for those who serve in the military because the leadership experience and skills they gain during their service can be directly applied to both their business education and a career in business after they are discharged.
2) An online MBA can be pursued from anywhere in the world and one’s ability to complete their coursework is unaffected by deployment or reassignment as long as they have Internet access.
3) For service members that plan a career in the military, earning an MBA can result in promotions.
4) For service members that expect to separate from the military, earning an MBA while still enlisted can ease the transition into civilian employment and make them competitive candidates for higher responsibility, higher paying positions.
5) Online MBA programs are offered by a variety of accredited institutions, including Arizona State University, Penn State and the University of Florida, so military students can be confident that they’re getting a high quality education, but without being restricted to a campus location.
eLearners.com offers a free military education benefits guide, which compiles comprehensive information about benefits by branch, payment and tuition assistance programs, as well as the various G.I. Bill programs. Additionally, eLearners.com has also identified the most frequently asked questions related to military tuition assistance and provides answers at http://www.elearners.com/guide/college-costs-and-financial-aid/military-tuition-assistance/.
For more information about online degrees and the military, visit elearners.com.
Since 1999, eLearners.com has been successfully connecting individuals seeking a degree, certification or training program with a variety of accredited online universities. eLearners.com provides prospective students with a powerful search engine for finding thousands of program offerings online, as well as a variety of educational evaluation tools and financial aid resources. eLearners.com offers schools seeking prospective students a low-cost, performance-based method to gain national exposure and increase enrollments in their programs.
# # #