MBX server appliance platforms use the latest generation of multi-core processors from Intel® and AMD, affording the most robust, scalable hardware configurations in the smallest footprint, with up to a half-terabyte of RAM.
Past News ReleasesRSS
Las Vegas, NV (Vocus) April 28, 2010
MBX Systems, a leading manufacturer of server appliances, dedicated computing and storage solutions for OEMs and Independent Software Vendors, is introducing five new reference platforms today at Interop® Las Vegas 2010. These purpose-built platforms use the latest generation of multi-core processors from Intel® and AMD, affording robust, scalable hardware configurations in the smallest footprint, with up to half a terabyte of RAM.
MBX’s powerful new platforms are targeted for appliance-based software deployments to provide superior performance in memory and workload intensity. Scalability is another advantage, allowing the processor to meet the application’s requirements at a lower total cost of ownership.
- AP-i1505 – A highly-versatile, low-voltage Atom-based 1U rackmount or desktop platform; Memory capacity of 40GB with drive embedded in the system; Ideal for applications with limited processing and storage needs but requiring high reliability, less noise and low cost.
- AP-a1515– A versatile 1U mid-depth platform that fits Telco racks and enterprise racks; Supports one twelve/eight-core ready AMD Opteron™ 6000 Series processors; Memory capacity up to 128GB; Ideal for compact high-density virtualization, managed services or delivering entire product suites, all with a low-power profile and rack footprint.
- AP-a1585 – A robust 1U rackmount HPC (high performance computing) platform; Supports two twelve/eight-core ready AMD Opteron™ 6000 Series processors; Scalable to support up to 2 Tesla series general computing GPUs; Accelerates time-to-market for complex applications.
- AP-a1590 – A powerful 1U rackmount platform; Supports four twelve/eight-core ready AMD Opteron™ 6000 Series processors; Scalable to support up to 48 physical cores; Memory capacity up to 512GB; A total data center solution for enterprise-class applications, large-scale virtualization and HPC.
- AP-i1590 – A powerful 1U rackmount platform; Intel Quad Nehalem CPU; Scalable to support up to 32 physical/64 virtual cores; Memory capacity up to 256GB; A total data center solution for enterprise-class applications, large-scale virtualization and HPC.
These new platforms add more configuration options to the range of MBX standard platforms while satisfying advanced computing requirements such as support for virtual environments, web/cloud computing and Green IT.
About MBX Systems
Founded in 1995, MBX Systems manufactures server appliances, dedicated computing and storage solutions for OEMs, software developers and service providers. MBX offers the most extensive branding options on a wide array of standard or custom-configured platforms. MBX solutions are designed to improve the performance, scalability and security of an application. Systems are manufactured exclusively in MBX’s U.S.-based ISO 9001:2008 certified facility. Turnkey support services span design and engineering through global logistics and end user support. For more information about MBX Systems visit http://www.mbx.com or call 800-560-1195.
Interop® drives the adoption of technology, providing knowledge and insight to help IT and corporate decision-makers achieve business success. Part of TechWeb's family of global brands, Interop is the leading business technology event series. Through in-depth educational programs, workshops, real-world demonstrations and live technology implementations in its unique InteropNet and InteropLabs programs, Interop provides the forum for the most powerful innovations and solutions the industry has to offer. For more information about these events visit http://www.interop.com.
# # #