Manufacturers using liquid filters can save up to 30 minutes of labor, per change out
Portage, MI (PRWEB) March 18, 2007
The new magnetically-coupled filter (MCF) from Eaton eliminates external shaft and drive seals, requires less maintenance and has a simple design with few wear parts.
The MCF's viscosity range extends to 500,000 units of centipoise (cps) and, in some cases, up to 1 million cps. "Manufacturers using liquid filters can save up to 30 minutes of labor, per change out", with the low maintenance MCF design, Eaton's next generation mechanically-cleaned filter.
MCF utilizes an innovative, magnetically coupled drive technology that moves the cleaning disc without the need for external shaft or drive seals. By incorporating a design with no external seals, maintenance costs are reduced and there is no possibility of leakage.
The simplified filter design has few wear parts, resulting in less routine maintenance and smaller spare parts inventory. When the MCF does require maintenance, its easy-access design makes service quick and simple.
MCF paint and coating filters are ideal for highly viscous liquids such as paint, adhesives, resins, inks or other similar materials - as well as applications that require high filter media cleaning frequency.
MCF magnetically coupled filters address filtration challenges that include environmental concerns, retaining valuable product normally lost by media change out, and demand for greater operator safety. By utilizing a cleanable, permanent media, downtime and filter disposal requirements are conveniently eliminated.
The MCF filters operate continuously - even during cleaning cycles. When utilizing the MCF filter, filtrate flows from the top down and from the inside of the media toward the outside to increase retention of contaminants.
How it works:
- The patented design uses a four-way spring-loaded cleaning disc that travels up and down inside the filter media, removing collected contaminants.
- The cleaning disc continually drives The cleaning disc continually drives any undesirable solids downward, where they are concentrated in the purging chamber for fast and easy elimination.
- A hollow shaft at the center of the A hollow shaft at the center of the system contains a piston with powerful rare earth magnets. These internal magnets are coupled to external magnets housed in a carrier connected to the cleaning disc.
- Pneumatic actuation moves the inner magnet Pneumatic actuation moves the inner magnet up and down the shaft, followed by the cleaning disc.
- The result is a powerful actuation - without the need for a physical linkage passing through the vessel.
For more information on how MCF technology can help your plant achieve optimum results please contact us at http://www.Ronningen-Petter.com/ContactUs/Contact-Us-MCF.asp.
Where in the World is Ask Filter Man?
About Eaton Filtration
A global leader in liquid filtration systems, Eaton's wide range of filtration equipment for industrial and commercial applications is designed to ensure our customers remain productive, safe and profitable.
In today's competitive market, it's more important than ever to find better and more productive ways of doing business. That's why Eaton customers worldwide depend on us for all their industrial filtration needs. From mechanically cleaned, magnetically coupled and backwashing filters to pipeline strainers, bag filters and gas/liquid separators -- Eaton has customized solutions to help improve your manufacturing process. http://www.filtration.eaton.com/.