This comprehensive resource, along with our integrated solutions for clients, is reflective of that need to proactively assess and mitigate the risks facing organizations and their travelers around the world.
Baltimore, MD (Vocus) April 29, 2009
With swine flu, political instability, kidnapping and piracy dominating global headlines, MEDEX brings together the power of one online resource for worldwide intelligence across medical, security, travel and risk management disciplines. By integrating web tools including MEDEX's 360°m Global Medical Monitor website and World Watch, the global security intelligence counterpart from ASI Group, MEDEX's security subsidiary, the MEDEX Member Center now provides corporate, scholastic, government and USAID organizations with the means to stay up-to-date on all issues affecting their international operations.
"We always encourage our clients, whether they are protecting their travelers from civil unrest, an epidemic, or an unexpected emergency to prepare as much as possible," said Mike Roban, MEDEX VP of Sales, Client Relations and Marketing. "This comprehensive resource, along with our integrated solutions for clients, is reflective of that need to proactively assess and mitigate the risks facing organizations and their travelers around the world."
Customizable, the MEDEX Member Center can be designed to match the look and feel of the company's website, with their logo and color scheme. This new version also allows clients to choose feature boxes or "tiles" that they would like to have displayed on the welcome page for all of their covered members. Tiles can include medical and security alerts, contingency plans, training videos and any other information a client wishes to communicate.
Along with benefits information about their MEDEX program, users now have one-click access to the following tools and resources online:
- MEDEX 360°m Global Medical Monitor - Created in partnership with Harvard Medical International, MEDEX 360°m is the most robust source of international medical information available today. Quickly evaluate the healthcare in your destination, know recommended and required immunizations, find MEDEX-approved medical facilities, translate common medical phrases, and much more.
- WorldWatch - WorldWatch is your online location for all things security related, including global threat maps, risk assessments, government reports, and details for more than 233 countries and territories around the world. All information is offered in real-time, ensuring that you are always up-to-date on any given situation.
- MEDEX 360°tr Travel Registry - Store travel itineraries, medical records, personal information, travel documents, and much more in this highly-secured area. Using National-Security Agency-approved encryption, your information will be safely stored, yet easily accessible when - and where - you need it.
- MEDEX Pandemic - Detailed information on preparing for a global pandemic, with tracking and updates specific to Avian Flu and Swine Flu.
- Airline Insider - Up-to-date ratings and safety assessments for more than 250 international airlines. Includes fleet type and mix, pilot training, maintenance, financial standing, and safety and security history.
- ASI Essentials - A database of two-page security and cultural briefings on cities that make up the top travel destinations around the world.
- Destination Briefs - Short briefings highlighting travel information for hundreds of cities around the world.
- HOT SPOTS - A snapshot of the day's security events from around the world. Listed by region and destination, this free service provides a quick review of events that could have a significant impact on travelers in a particular destination. Each event summary includes country threat levels and significant dates.
- Pre-Travel Checklist - This quick and easy checklist helps travelers prepare for a trip with sections on Education and Awareness, Travel Documents, Travel Itinerary, Health, Security, Safe Havens, and Finance.
- Travel Guides - These travel guides are designed for both individual travelers and organization administrators. In these white papers, MEDEX experts outline important health and security considerations for international travelers.
To view a short video about the new MEDEX Member Center or to log in, visit: http://members.medexassist.com/ .
About MEDEX Global Group
MEDEX is the oldest and largest independently owned provider of global travel, security and medical assistance in North America. For more than 30 years, MEDEX has served corporations, scholastic institutions, government agencies, humanitarian organizations and individual business and leisure travelers. MEDEX services range from pre-trip intelligence and contingency planning to real-time medical case management and complex emergency evacuations. For more about MEDEX, visit the MEDEX Global Group website.
For interviews or more information, please contact Nicole Beach, 410-453-6391, or Mike Roban, 410-453-6363.
# # #