Join the Webinar - In the battle for success, how to win the M&A war: Arm yourself with the strategies for successful M&A transactions. http://bit.ly/HaliAq
New York NY (PRWEB) April 19, 2012
We are increasingly witnessing dealmakers and advisors being challenged when bringing M&A transactions to completion. Over the last 12 months, there have been a handful of successful high-profile M&A deals, such as Microsoft's acquisition of Skype ($8.5bn) and Hewlett-Packard's $12bn buyout of the UK software firm, Autonomy. In the same timeframe, proposed mergers, such as Deutsche Boerse and NYSE Euronext ($9.5bn), and AT&T and T-Mobile's merger ($39bn) haven't come to fruition. Against this difficult backdrop:
- Why are some deals getting done, while others are derailed? Is it simply market conditions, or a combination of poor planning and weak execution?
- How do dealmakers identify good opportunities and, more importantly, successfully complete transactions?
The market is a battle ground, so arm yourself with knowledge learned from seasoned M&A advisors. This webinar will focus on best practices that arise from successful and unsuccessful deals, how to effectively identify acquisition targets, scrutinise bidders and be well prepared as a dealmaker.
Merlin Piscitelli, Director at Merrill DataSite, will moderate the session, while panellists include Leon Ferera, Partner, Jones Day, and they will be discussing:
- How to align your M&A strategy with market forces, whether it’s consolidation or opportunistic buys that are driving the market
- The most sought-after M&A opportunities investors are currently seeking, both domestically and globally
- The critical success factors to evaluate potential acquisition targets
- How to appropriately structure M&A transactions in light of severe market dislocation
- How to conduct effective due diligence in order to delve deeper into the financial, legal, structural, operational and cultural attributes of the target company
- The key “caution-points” that help dealmakers to be prepared, avoid synergy failures and common pitfalls that derail acquisitions
Please join us in this hour-long webinar, which will allow participants, irrespective of their location around the world, to join the discussion. No fee is required to participate in this special event for Merrill DataSite business partners around the world, so register now.
Merrill Datasite, in association with mergermarket, presents the March edition of the Monthly M&A Insider Report, which provides an insight into global deal flow by region, detailing transactional statistics and commentary for Europe, Asia Pacific Latin America, North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and The Middle East & Africa.
About Merrill DataSite
Merrill DataSite is a secure virtual data room (VDR) solution that optimises the due diligence process by providing a highly efficient and secure method for sharing key business information between multiple parties. Merrill DataSite provides unlimited access for users worldwide, as well as real-time activity reports, site-wide search at the document level, enhanced communications through the Q&A feature and superior project management service - all of which help reduce transaction time and expense. Merrill DataSite’s multilingual support staff is available from anywhere in the world, 24/7, and can have your VDR up and running with thousands of pages loaded within 24 hours or less.
With its deep roots in transaction and compliance services, Merrill Corporation has a cultural, organisation-wide discipline in the management and processing of confidential content. Merrill DataSite is the first VDR provider to understand customer and industry needs by earning an ISO/IEC 27001:2005 certificate of registration – the highest standard for information security – and is currently the world’s only VDR certified for operations in the Europe, United States and Asia.
As the leading provider of VDR solutions, Merrill DataSite has empowered nearly two million unique visitors to perform electronic due diligence on thousands of transaction totalling trillions of dollars in asset value. Merrill DataSite VDR solution has become an essential tool in an efficient and legally defensible process for completing multiple types of financial transactions.
For more information, please contact Merrill DataSite: Tel: +44 (0)207 562 3200;
Follow us on Twitter: @merrilldatasite