Now you can capture an image with the iPhone camera and fax it. The image is automatically optimized for fax legibility.
Bellevue, WA (PRWEB) July 26, 2011
Internet fax provider MetroFax announces the immediate availability of an updated free iPhone app for the MetroFax service. It's now possible to send as well as quickly review, download, and manage faxes on the iPhone with MetroFax Mobile.
“Customers raved about the initial MetroFax Mobile app for iPhone that enabled viewing and managing faxes. With this update, we’re putting the whole fax machine on your iPhone so you can send as well as receive faxes,” said Brent Wayland, CEO for MetroFax. “But we didn’t stop there. Now you can capture an image with the iPhone camera and fax it. The image is automatically optimized for fax legibility.”
New in this release:
- Send faxes from files in the cloud — Dropbox and Google Docs supported
- Send a fax optimized image from your iPhone camera
- View sent faxes
- Use contact information on your phone to address faxes
- Forward faxes to another fax number or email address
- Resend a fax
- Search for fax messages by number or sender name
Features included in our initial release:
- Automatically receive notifications of new faxes
- View fax details, download, and delete faxes
- Access up to 200 of the most recent received faxes
- Check MetroFax account status for remaining page balance
- The updated MetroFax Mobile app for iPhone is available in the Apple App Store.
Founded in 1997, MetroFax is a leading provider of online faxing with service starting at $7.95 per month. The MetroFax no contract, no gotcha service includes a generous monthly allotment of fax pages with no extra charges for faxes to locations within the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico regardless of transmission time. Customers can choose inbound toll-free or local fax numbers in thousands of cities across the U.S. and Puerto Rico. For additional product information, visit metrofax.com.
MetroFax is a registered trademark of MetroFax, Inc.