...the best method is to explore the comprehensive nature of a workers' compensation claim and know the process from start to finish.
Scranton, Pennsylvania (PRWEB) February 28, 2012
PA work comp lawyer Joshua B. Goldberg of MHK Attorneys, is scheduled to speak at the Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel on March 14, 2012 from 9:00am - 5:00pm with the topic, "How to Avoid Preventable Mistakes During the Workers' Compensation Process."
Working through a PA workers' compensation claim can be a long and tedious process that involves many outside parties and steps. Joshua will ask the hard-hitting questions such as: Are lawyers able to confidently represent their clients? Do they know what strategies to employ in order to prevent any costly mistakes and attain the best possible results? Attorney Goldberg advises attorneys not to rely on their cursory knowledge of procedures and risks to get them through the case. He explains the best method is to explore the comprehensive nature of a workers' compensation claim and know the process from start to finish.
According to Joshua B. Goldberg, the following are key points in any PA work injury claim:
- Review the latest legislative developments and case law updates.
- Recognize the importance of correctly assessing the injury and case right from the start in order to avoid any costly or unnecessary legal expenses.
- Thoroughly prepare, both themselves and experts that will be testifying, for the hearing proceedings so that the case is ready for any cross-examination or conflicts.
- Easily compile all the necessary documents for a workers' compensation mediation process.
- Use effective negotiation tips that help smooth the settlement process for both sides.
- Know when it is advantageous to pursue an appeal.
- Understand how to sue for medical malpractice in conjunction with Pennsylvania workers' compensation.
- Review the ethical considerations associated with workers' compensation cases, such as disclosure obligations.
Who Should Attend:
This basic-to-intermediate level program is designed to teach attorneys practical strategies for handling a worker's compensation settlement or hearing. It may also benefit paralegals and human resource directors.
Main Topics Discussed:
- Case Law and Legislative Update
- Assessing the PA Work Injury and Case Details
- Mediation Practices
- Settlement Methods
- The First Hearing
- Preparing for and Presenting at the Hearing
- Appeals Procedures
- When to Sue in Conjunction With Workers' Compensation
- Ethics and Professionalism
Attorney Joshua B. Goldberg has handled countless PA Workers Comp cases in Pennsylvania. He is more than equipped to handle all aspects of both the application and appeal processes of the law. MHK Attorneys is a progressive Pennsylvania Law Firm specializing in the following areas of practice: Social Security Disability, Workers' Compensation, Auto Accidents, Criminal Law, and Family Law. Free Books and Information before you hire an attorney!