London (PRWEB UK) 9 January 2013
SMi’s Pharmaceutical Microbiology conference taking place on the 30th & 31st January London will provide attendees with an expert and highly accredited speaker line who will focus on the latest developments and procedures used in the identification and prevention of contaminating agents, updates on new rules and regulations and the challenges facing the Pharmaceutical Microbiology industry.
SMi is pleased to confirm John Duguid, Principle Analytical Scientist, Genzyme as a speaker at the upcoming event. Mr. Duguid is currently responsible for developing, validating, and transferring molecular biology assays for rapid microbiology and cell differentiation application s, managing complex projects to implement process changes, and using statistical process control tools to implement process analytical technology for cell therapy products
He will address the selection, validation and automation of rapid mycoplasma test, looking at how to do a selection using a risk based approach, validation according to PhEur 2.6.7 and automation for routine testing. Attending will enable delegates to hear
- Over 13 speakers from top pharma companies that include Sanofi-Aventis, Genzyme, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Merck and MedImmune
- Unparalleled multi-disciplinary networking opportunities
- Hot topic sessions in new effective microbial methods and risk assessments.
- Discussion on risk assessment and learn how to reduce cost when products are contaminated
- The emerging field of plasma medicine and biocidal plasmas
For more information visit http://www.smi-online.co.uk/goto/pharma-microbiology59.asp alternatively contact Cem Tuna on +44 0 207 827 6184 or email on ctuna(at)smi-online(dot)co(dot)uk