We have created powerful mobile security solutions built around Microsoft Intune and Windows 7 Enterprise. It is part of the core competency we bring to retail clients
Hoboken, NJ and New York City, NY (PRWEB) July 12, 2012
Hoboken, NJ - July 12, 2012-Carl Mazzanti, chief executive officer, eMazzanti Technologies is one of the featured speakers at the upcoming Microsoft World Partner Conference being held in Toronto, Canada, July 8-12, 2012. Mazzanti’s presentation was given in the exclusive Microsoft Solution Innovation Center (SIC).
Mazzanti’s presentation is entitled: Securing Mobile POS -How the retail industry’s databases are being compromised and what to do about it.
“According to researchers at SecureWorks, retail sector hacking has increased 43 percent since 2010,” said Mazzanti. “White Hat Security, a web security firm estimates 51% of the retail websites are exposed to serious vulnerabilities every day of 2011.”
Retail Data Breaches Common
Some of the more famous companies that have had data breaches in the last two years include:
- LinkedIn Sued for $5 Million Over Data Breach-More than six million stolen passwords turned up on websites frequently by hackers —Reuters June 21, 2012
- Global Payments Says Data Breach is “Contained”-recent data breach put 1.5 million credit card holders as risk —Reuters, June 12, 2012
- Citi admits customer data at risk after breach-Citigroup has acknowledge that a computer breach may have given hackers access to the data of hundreds of thousands of bank credit card customers—The Financial Times, June 9, 2012
- Sony apologizes for online data breach-Sony executives apologized to millions of online gamers following the breach of its network by hackers—The Financial Times, May 1, 2011
Mazzanti continues, “Retailers of all sizes are at risk of being hacked basically because information can be sold.”
It Pays to Hack
According to eMazzanti, “Data is worth a great deal of money on the black market. Here are some examples of what this information is worth to fraudsters.
- Full Credit Card Data pays $1.50-$3.00/ card number
- SSN/ DoB/ pays $1-$3
- Mother's Maiden Name pays $5-$6
- Online Bank Logins pays $50-$1,000 per account
- Full Track 2 Data (Mag Stripe) pays $15-$80 depending on card type
Securing Mobile Point of Sale (POS) Data
Within the hacking universe there is a focus on mobile point-of-sale breaches as more retailers offer mobile transaction capabilities to customers. Retail organizations not only need the ability to manage the use of retail mobile devices in the enterprise, but also the tools to harness mobile devices to boost employee productivity.
“We have created powerful mobile security solutions built around Microsoft Intune and Windows 7 Enterprise,” said Mazzanti. “It is part of the core competency we bring to retail clients.”
For a copy of Carl Mazzanti’s presentation, go to:
The Solution Innovation Center Venue
Reinforcing the approach Microsoft launched last year, the Solution Innovation
Center (SIC) at WPC 2012 again delivered a wealth of targeted content in a dynamic environment that goes beyond the traditional expo. Attendees were able to:
- Stroll Business Group Boulevard — Dig deeper into the technology and product
roadmap with subject matter experts from key Microsoft Business Groups.
- Engage with notable Sponsors & Exhibitors — Discover new resources to
help drive profitability and sustain a competitive advantage.
- Explore the core — See real-world solutions, and the Partners and Microsoft products behind them, in the very heart of the SIC.
- Investigate the exciting work being done in the worldwide public and
- Use the Local Impact Map to gain powerful insight from award-winning Partners, and view inspiring stories from around the globe.
- Enjoy theater-based presentations from Partners, Sponsors and Microsoft subject matter experts.
- Network and white board in the Enterprise and Consumer lounges.
- Collaborate in Regional Lounges — Meet up with Partners from various parts of the
world in dedicated lounges within the Solution Innovation Center.
About eMazzanti Technologies
With a company name that sounds more like a purebred, high-performance sports car than a IT support and consulting firm, eMazzanti Technologies is all about delivering powerful solutions in a variety of outsourced IT services, such as managed printing services, PCI DSS compliance, computer network management, network troubleshooting, business continuity and disaster recovery, green computing, mobile workforce technology, information security, cloud computing, cloud computing services, and business information optimization in the most efficient manner possible. The Hoboken, N.J., firm is located in one of the most densely populated - and competitive - regions in the U.S. It provides business technology consulting services for companies ranging from home offices to multinational corporations in the New York metropolitan area, the United States and throughout the world. For more information contact: Carl Mazzanti 201-360-4400 or emazzanti.net. Twitter: @emazzanti , Facebook: Facebook.com/emazzantitechnologies