PORTLAND, Maine (PRWEB) June 21, 2019
On Wednesday, June 12, Logically and Microsoft teamed up to share best practices for enabling the modern workplace and leveraging IT to win. Presenters were Chris Claudio, CEO of managed service provider, Logically, and Robert Gates, Microsoft’s Partner Technology Architect. The session was conducted at the Microsoft Technology Center in Burlington, MA.
As a Microsoft Gold Partner, Logically is dedicated to helping their clients with collaboration, cloud adoption and digital transformation. According to Chris Claudio, the world has changed; the global workforce is connected and the Cloud is the undisputed IT standard. We are living in a mobile, always connected world.
From a workplace perspective, small and midsized businesses and enterprises that need to augment their IT services are facing a proliferation of devices. Employees now expect to have the same - if not better - online experiences on their phones versus traditional desktops. They also need to feel connected, with document sharing and management so that teamwork can be maximized throughout an organization.
Enter Microsoft 365 Teams, a collaboration platform that provides tight integration with other Microsoft Office services such as Exchange, SharePoint, PowerPoint, Cortana, and more.
“We are very excited about the Teams product,” said Chris Claudio. “In fact, Teams is the fasting growing business app in Microsoft history, and we are proud to be partnering with them to bring these collaboration capabilities to our customers.”
During the session, Robert Gates shared some essential tips and tricks for using Teams, including:
1. Document sharing and collaboration: Documents can be easily shared with real time collaboration. Multiple team members can edit a document at the same time.
2. Chat 1:1 or 1: many: When a new person is invited to a conversation, the organizer can decide how to handle the previous conversation. This way, you have the option of sharing only what the new member of the group needs to know.
3. Live event: this allows for a conference of up to 10,000 participants (broadcast style), which includes screen sharing, chat and video capabilities.
4. Security: Your account and its information are able to be restored up to 30 days after a security attack thanks to cloud computing, so you can work confidently knowing your data is safe.
5. Shifts: This is a new feature that’s great for retail, healthcare, any really any organization that has shift workers; it enables staff to swap and change their shift times and days in just a few clicks.
“We can take an organization from planning to their ideal vision - what we call ‘Utopia’ - by looking at all the risks, migration issues, IT security, scalability, cost and supportability that will be required to take your organization where it wants to go. We even have a cloud readiness assessment that will ascertain what it will take to get your company into the Cloud with Microsoft 365 Teams as a component,” said Claudio.
To learn more about Microsoft 365 Teams contact Logically.com
Logically is the leading Managed IT Service Provider (MSP) to small and midsize organizations. We take care of your Information Technology, so you can take care of business. Since 1999, we have made IT management easy and secure for hundreds of corporations, healthcare organizations, non-profits and public sector agencies. We set the standard for responsiveness and operational excellence for organizations seeking to augment existing IT teams or outsource IT completely. Logically, powered by OpLogic™, our unique Intelligent MSP platform, cost-effectively amplifies our customers’ competitiveness. We strategically implement and manage the right balance of mature and emerging information technologies that improve collaboration, security, cloud adoption, customer experiences, productivity and business results. Coupled with the support of our dedicated Care Teams, we deliver deep and complete technical expertise and customer service. As your trusted IT ally, we will run through brick walls for you.
Visit http://www.logically.com to learn more.
Contact: Jeff Loeb