The MinibarRx SMART refrigeration platform provides an affordable, customizable, worry-free solution that contains the products a medical practice needs, while also reducing inventory loss rates.
Past News ReleasesRSS
GAITHERSBURG MD (PRWEB) July 12, 2016
MinibarRx announces the limited launch of its dedicated SMART refrigeration system for biologic and vaccine inventory management, offering healthcare providers an affordable, cost-saving solution to the challenges commonly associated with storage and handling of injectables.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), “Vaccination is among the most significant public health success stories of all time.” And as every provider knows, a successful vaccine program depends on proper biologic and vaccine inventory management. As the CDC points out, “It is better to not vaccinate than to administer a dose of vaccine that has been mishandled.”
Web-Connected SMART Refrigeration Gives Physicians Complete Control
MinibarRx is a fully automated pharmaceutical-grade refrigeration system, purpose-built with SMART technologies to eliminate the financial and logistical barriers inherent in today’s injectables delivery model.
“The use of biologic agents is becoming more common and more complex, with increasingly stringent criteria for storage,” said MinibarRx CEO Jeff Ulanet. “The MinibarRx SMART refrigeration platform provides an affordable, customizable, worry-free solution that contains the products a medical practice needs, while also reducing inventory loss rates.”
Reducing Costs Associated With Biologic & Vaccine Inventory Management
With an affordable monthly subscription, MinibarRx features a full suite of web-connected SMART tools that provide complete and cost-saving biologic and vaccine inventory management.
- Protects inventory across the cold chain—from manufacturer distribution to point-of-use
- Secures inventory with PIN-based access; supports remote access to historical data monitoring
- Manages ordering and inventory control and provides instant dispense/inventory reports
- Monitors and logs temperature 24/7/365 to maintain optimal product storage conditions
- Employs an always-on alarm system with multiple notification modes to facilitate corrective action and reduce inventory loss due to unexpected events
- Delivers real-time alerts for inventory depletion, product expiration, temperature fluctuation, power failure, battery back-up activation, and other causes of concern
- Auto-synchronizes with major EMRs to seamlessly update patient records, including manufacturer, expiration, and lot number as well as to whom and when vaccine is dispensed
Biologic and vaccine inventory management and documentation of storage compliance can be costly and cumbersome. Yet all providers want to ensure the availability of the right vaccine for the right patient at the right time. With this in mind, MinibarRx meets the strictest standards for vaccine and biologics best practices to deliver peace of mind to providers as well as to the patients they serve.
MinibarRx is a stand-alone joint venture of affiliates of Minibar Systems (the world’s largest maker of SMART refrigerated platforms to the hospitality industry, serving over 50 countries) and affiliates of InstantDx (a pioneer in electronic prescribing and healthcare-transaction services). Leveraging the power of both companies, this state-of-the-art refrigerator connects the physician’s EMR and practice management system to an in-office refrigerated drug-dispensing system. MinibarRx is available immediately in the Mid-Atlantic region, with the remainder of the U.S. to launch over the next 6–9 months, and overseas in 2017.
Jeff Ulanet, CEO
Mike Blake, Executive Vice President Sales & Business Development