Fresh Take on a Classic
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) July 10, 2009
Minted (http://www.minted.com ), a leader in premium, customizable stationery and photo cards, has announced the winners of its 2009 Holiday Photo Card Design Challenge, its biggest design competition yet. 651 designs were entered, 50,000 votes were cast, and over $8,000 was awarded in prizes.
Minted's mission is to find design genius around the world and make it available to consumers. Minted holds monthly design competitions to source modern designs from all over the world. Entries are voted on by Minted's community, surfacing the newest and freshest designs, and winning designs are then exclusively sold on the site.
The top three of 651 holiday photo card entries were as follows:
- Day Design was awarded a $1,000 first prize for a "Full Bleed Photo" submission entitled A White Christmas. Her classy design features stunning white snowflakes and elegant white script elegantly overlaid on the photograph. The Alabama-based designer has been a community member since December of 2008.
- For the "Fresh Take on a Classic" category, Gleaux won with her whimsical and delicate Candy Tree, where a Christmas tree is made up of hundreds of miniature circles within circles. This was the first time that Oakland, California-based Gleaux's participated in a Minted design challenge.
- The bright and modern Bold Reflection by kelli hall won the "Multiple Photo Category." Ribbons of red and peach separate four elegantly arranged photos in this design. Hall, who hails from Charleston, South Carolina, has been a Minted community member since October of 2008. She has won 9 Minted challenge awards, including two first places, and five jury's picks.
"Minted provides design-savvy customers with exclusive, sophisticated choices. Our meritocratic design selection process ensures that emerging talent is identified early and that designs that consumers truly want are sold on our site," said Mariam Naficy, founder and CEO of Minted.
Also placing in the top 10 holiday photo card designs overall were:
- joy by Carrie Eckert - Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
- organic ornament by kelli hall - Charleston, South Carolina
- Sweet Snow by Candice Leigh - Seattle, Washington
- Feliz Navidad by Sarah Lenger - Iowa City, Iowa
- sweet memories by pottsdesign - North Kingstown, Rhode Island
- Red Ribbon Happiness by Cococello - Portland, Oregon
- footsteps in the snow by Oscar+Emma design - Columbus, Ohio
Impressed by the large number of excellent designs submitted, the Minted team chose an additional 45 editors' picks. All of the holiday photo cards will be available for sale at minted.com this fall.
Minted is an online store offering modern, custom stationery and photo cards for all of life's special events. Minted carries exclusive designs that can't be found anywhere else, printed on thick, highest-quality paper (including 100% recycled paper) and in innovative formats. In addition to wedding invitations, Minted offers save the date cards, birth announcements, party invitations, shower invitations, personalized stationery, holiday photo cards, and thank you cards. Minted's modern designs have been featured in Town & Country, InStyle Weddings, Martha Stewart Weddings, and other major national magazines.