We have always prided ourselves on offering the latest technology that best meets the needs of our customers
Austin, TX (PRWEB) April 30, 2010
Legiant, a leading innovator in the time and attendance arena, announced the release of a new application for the Apple iPad, iPod Touch, and iPhone that provides mobile employees with a simple and efficient way to track their time. The Legiant iPhone application, titled Legiant Mobile Timecard, is designed with an intuitive menu and feature set that will greatly increase the speed of use. Legiant Mobile Timecard is free to Legiant customers and is available now from the iTunes store.
"We have always prided ourselves on offering the latest technology that best meets the needs of our customers," said Walter Ross, CEO of Legiant. "Our new application for the Apple family of products has been developed to revolutionize the way the mobile workforce tracks their time and attendance. An entire crew can be transferred to a different department with the push of a button, capturing real time data, including their GPS location. Plus, project hours can be entered in faster than ever before."
Legiant Mobile Timecard features include:
- Real Time GPS Location - The application sends the actual time recorded, along with GPS location, Job, Activity, Department, etc. in real time.
- Favorites - Users may select favorite items to use, including their favorite jobs, departments and projects.
- Instant Crew Department Transfers - Authorized users, such as supervisors, can utilize the crew punch feature. As each job is completed and the entire crew begins another task, the supervisor can transfer the entire team to another job, activity, or department with one punch.
- Project Clock - By using the project grid, the employee can assign hours worked on multiple projects for the entire week. They can also copy their project timesheet from the prior week to pre-fill their timesheet.
- Punch without Internet Access - If internet connection is lost or unavailable, data will be recorded and stored. Once the internet connection is re-established, the data will be automatically sent to the Legiant Timecard system.
- Coming Soon - Mobile Biometric Authentication will prevent "buddy punching" and ensure the correct employees have recorded their time.
"Once users synch the Legiant Mobile Timecard iPhone application with their Legiant Timecard software, the app will be ready for use in the field. The Legiant app will work on the iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch," said Rod Crane, CTO of Legiant. "We are also excited about additional features for our new application, which include GPS tracking and biometric authentication."
For over a decade, Legiant has been leading the way in the time and attendance industry with features like zero-footprint installation, automatic workflow notifications and web-based solutions. Legiant continues to break new ground by integrating with the most effective devices available, making previous time tracking solutions obsolete.
Legiant Mobile Timecard for the iPhone can be downloaded at - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/legiant-mobile-timecard/id368679723?mt=8
Legiant is a leading provider of web-based time and attendance software for payroll, attendance, productivity, leave and project tracking. Flexible time and attendance tracking solutions help Legiant's enterprise customers maximize the profitability and productivity of their workforce. Solutions such as Legiant Timecard™ and Legiant Timecard Express™ can be customized to meet the unique needs of any organization including mobile workforce tracking, software-as-a-service and real-time reporting. Legiant combines software, hardware, and professional services to create a comprehensive time tracking solution, easy-to-use and accessible from anywhere through a Web-based interface. Legiant integrates with the majority of payroll systems and supports biometric data collection devices.
Legiant™, Partners in Time™, Legiant Timecard™, Legiant Express™ and the Legiant logo are trademarks of Legiant. Apple™, iPhone™, iPod Touch™ and iTunes™ are trademarks of Apple, Inc. All other trademarks herein are properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.