The self-guided tour is acts as city-wide gallery of local architects, giving them a rare and unique chance to open their residential work to the masses.
Toronto, Canada (PRWEB) June 06, 2013
Modern Home Tours makes its premier visit to Canada in two days. The first-ever Toronto Modern Home Tour will give residents the opportunity to peek inside some of their city’s coolest modern homes. The self-guided tour acts as city-wide gallery of local architects, giving them a rare and unique chance to open their residential work to the masses.
The tour features six architecturally progressive and contemporary homes that exemplify modern living in and around the Toronto area:
- Get a peek inside the modern home of Marjorie Harris, Canada’s premier garden guru, redesigned in 2004 by PLANT Architect Inc., and see the breath-taking view of her stunning outdoor oasis
- See the 2009 renovations by PLANT Architect Inc. on a home (in the Annex area) originally built in the 1890s and recently turned into a duplex
- Take a look at a new home in the Pelham Park area, built in 2009 by Weiss Architecture & Urbanism Limited to replace an old Vatican-style home destroyed by a four-alarm fire in 2008
- Check out a brand-new lower-penthouse loft near the Corktown Common, completed last year by re:THINK DESIGN STUDIO
- Get an exclusive peek at a brand new property in “Trinity Bellwoods Townhomes,” a development of forty-five modern homes in downtown west, designed by Richard Wengle with Cecconi Simone
- Finally, take a tour of one of the spectacular units in a highly sought-after Niagara Street condominium, designed by Blair Johnson of Blue Elephant Group, which features an amazing balcony overlooking Victoria Memorial Park
The Red Door Family Shelter has joined the tour as the local non-profit partner. They will help staff the event and use the tour as a fundraising vehicle.
Participating homes will open their doors for viewing from 11AM – 5PM, next Saturday, June 8th. All homes are located in the Toronto area, and all participating architecture firms are local businesses. Tickets are $30 in advance; $40 on the day of the tour, available at designated locations. Everyone is invited; kids under 12 are free.
For more details and a current list of homes and participating architects, visit http://toronto.modernhometours.com.
For more information on the Red Door Family Shelter, visit http://www.reddoorshelter.ca.
About Modern Home Tours, LLC: Based in Austin, Texas, Modern Home Tours, LLC was founded by partners Matt Swinney & James Leasure to introduce Modern architecture and living to people across the nation. Through fun and informative tours in dozens of cities across the USA and Canada, we invite people into some of the most exciting examples of Modern architecture and design in the nation. With carefully selected architects, neighborhoods and architecture, our home tours are unlike anything you’ve ever seen. Not only will you learn about the cutting edge of home design while on our tours, but you might even get an idea or two for your next home project!