DownEast Basics philosophy: ‘high-design looks on a bargain basement budget’ has allowed us to keep growing even in today’s tighter economy
Las Vegas, NV (PRWEB) February 16, 2010
DownEast Basics (http://www.DownEastBasics.com), a high-style, low-price fashion retailer, will debut its new spring line and offer a summer “sneak peek” to the wholesale and fashion industry at the MAGIC Marketplace (booth 75411).
DownEast Basics expanded its product offerings in late 2009, and will continue to introduce new styles. In the past 12 months, the brand introduced its own denim line, seasonal sweaters, and a more complete accessories line including jewelry, scarves and handbags.
Some highlights of DownEast Basics’ new spring 2010 line include:
- Elegant, draped Top Tier Skirt: Side-swept layers elongate the body, and the skirt’s soft lavender hue can be treated as a neutral to pair with almost any color of the season.
- True Love Boyfriend Jeans: With a nod to deconstructed, menswear-inspired clothing, these destroyed denim, slouchy, straight leg jeans are made to fit a woman’s curves.
- Ruffled Bonjour Top: This cap-sleeve top with a double ruffle neckline is fun, flirty and ultra-feminine.
- Jeweled bibs and bold necklaces: Spring runways consistently showcased bold necklaces, like DownEast Basics’ Pink Rhinestone Bib Necklace, as a key accessory to complete a look. Note: Select pieces of the DownEast Basics accessory line are now available to wholesale customers.
- Still Life Skirt and Layering Tees & Camis: Neutral hues with pops of color are a fashion trend found in the Still Life Skirt that features a splash of tangerine. DownEast Basics also continues to offer its layering basics in a color selection ranging from soft hues to bold brights to complement any look.
DownEast Basics experienced significant growth in 2009 despite a downturn that affected much of the retail industry. The company will build on its growing customer base by expanding its retail footprint with 8 to 12 new locations in 2010.
The company owes its growth to an emphasis on value – something that customers are looking for right now. “The strength of the DownEast Basics line comes from our commitment to offering high-quality, stylish products at very affordable prices,” said Jonathan Freedman, Vice President of Apparel, DownEast Basics.
“We strive to make cost-efficient choices as a company, which allow us to keep the lowest possible overhead and pass valuable savings along to our customers. In particular, our ‘high-design looks on a bargain basement budget’ philosophy has allowed us to keep growing even in today’s tighter economy,” Freedman said.
In addition to expanding its brick and mortar retail locations, the brand will also increase its wholesale and catalog/online operations.
Find DownEast online on its daily updated DownEast Basics Facebook Fan Page and popular “DownEast by Design” blog. The blog features fashion ideas and a place for customers to interact directly with the apparel’s designers.
The DownEast Basics spring line is currently available in stores, and the summer collection will be available starting March 1.
About DownEast Basics
DownEast Basics (http://www.downeastbasics.com)] offers high-design looks on a bargain basement budget for today’s cost-conscious yet fashionable consumer. The DownEast Basics clothing line includes cute tops and smart layering pieces to enhance women’s wardrobes, as well as a fun and stylish girls’ line. DownEast Basics shoppers can embrace the American classic look with their own sense of style.
In June 2009, DownEast Basics’ founders were honored with an Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year award in their region’s retail and consumer products category. The company has nearly 550 employees.
The fast-growing retailer operates nationally with its Basics line via its online store in addition to 36 store locations throughout the West including in Utah, California, Idaho, Arizona, Washington and Nevada. DownEast also maintains a robust wholesale channel that reaches over 350 independent boutiques, local store chains and national retailers.
DownEast Basics (Booth #75411)