Madera, CA (Vocus) October 22, 2007
North Valley parents and children can now enjoy bigger and more convenient doctor's offices when they visit the Modesto Pediatric Subspecialty Center owned and operated by the Specialty Medical Group (SMG), in affiliation with Children's Hospital Central California. Patient visits to the center have doubled since SMG pediatric subspecialists opened a Modesto office in 2003, prompting the October 1 move to the new facility.
SMG’s physicians at the Modesto Pediatric Subspecialty Center provide care for newborns, children and adolescents with congenital, acquired and acute conditions in Stanislaus, San Joaquin and Merced Counties in support of the region’s pediatricians, family practice and obstetrical physicians. Experienced specialists have supported primary care physicians and patients in the North Valley since the first center opened in 2003.
Physicians staffing the practice include Pediatric Cardiologist John Coulson M.D., who will be seeing patients full-time in the North Valley. Dr. Coulson received his medical training at the University of Michigan Medical School. He completed an internship, residency and fellowships in pediatric Cardiology and Developmental Biology at Stanford University Medical Center. Dr. Coulson is board-certified by the American Board of Pediatrics. He also is a member of several professional societies including the American College of Cardiology and the Society for Cardiac Angiography and Interventions.
The Modesto Pediatric Subspecialty Center is located in The Fifteen 24 Professional Center at 1524 McHenry Ave. Suite 570 in Modesto, just south of McHenry Village. At 4,300 square feet, it is twice the size of the former facility, and features 9 exam rooms, ample parking and convenient access to laboratory and radiology services. Contact Micheline Golden at 559-353-7049 to tour the new facility.
The Modesto Pediatric Subspecialty Center provides the following services:
- Cardiology - Our pediatric cardiologists are members of the Jane Seddon Willson Heart Center at Children’s Hospital which offers advanced technology and state-of-the-art therapeutics for congenital cardiovascular disease and pediatric acquired cardiovascular disease. Heart Center programs include: Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, the Cardiology Testing Center, and the Cardiopulmonary Laboratory.
- Endocrinology (beginning in mid-November) - Our pediatric endocrinologists specialize in the diagnosis and medical management of patients with endocrine (hormone) disorders. Commonly, these include growth disorders, pituitary gland abnormalities, thyroid disorders, adrenal gland abnormalities and disorders of puberty.
- Gastroenterology - Our pediatric gastroenterologists specialize in the evaluation and treatment of patients with gastrointestinal and nutrition disorders. Services include diagnosis and appropriate medical and surgical treatment for conditions such as chronic abdominal pain, malabsorption syndromes, chronic constipation, inflammatory bowel disease, acute and chronic hepatitis, short gut syndrome and pancreatic disorders.
- Neurology - Our pediatric neurologists specialize in the diagnosis and management of patients who have suspected or confi rmed neurological disorders such as cerebral palsy/spasticity due to brain injury, spinal cord injury or congenital brain abnormality; seizure disorder and epileptic syndromes; chronic migraine headaches and suspected neuromuscular disorders.
- Orthopaedic Surgery - Our pediatric orthopaedic surgeons specialize in the treatment of patients with conditions such as scoliosis, spinal deformities, sports related injuries, various syndromes and neuromuscular diseases. This scope includes sports injuries, fractures, reconstructive surgery for cerebral palsy, idiopathic scoliosis, congenital scoliosis and other spinal disorders, hip dysplasia and upper and lower extremity deformities.
- Pediatric Surgery - Our pediatric surgeons specialize in the diagnosis and the surgical treatment of the head, neck, chest and abdomen. Surgical treatment of other conditions includes oncology and trauma. Our pediatric surgeons utilize minimally invasive techniques whenever appropriate.
- Urology - Our pediatric urologists provide specialized care for common and complex problems affecting the urinary tract and genitalia. Services include diagnosis and appropriate medical and surgical treatment for conditions such as hernia, hydronephrosis, hypospadius, phimosis, recurrent urinary tract infection, undescended testicles, urinary reflux and varicocele. Please see the inserts in this brochure for details on the Specialty Medical Group Physicians who will be treating your patients.
About Specialty Medical Group Central California, Inc.
Specialty Medical Group Central California, Inc. (SMG) is a hospital-based medical corporation associated with Children’s Hospital Central California. SMG was established in 1997, and now includes more than 70 pediatric sub-specialist physicians practicing in numerous locations from Visalia to Modesto, and the central coast. SMG doctors have more than 120,000 patient encounters a year.
SMG’s physicians practice in subspecialties that include Oncology, Hematology, Infectious Disease, Rheumatology, Neurology, Orthopaedics, Gastroenterology, Urology, Nephrology, Hospitalists, Ophthalmology, Endocrinology, Plastic Surgery, Pediatric Surgery, Genetics, Neurosurgery, Complex Pediatrics, Physiatry, Otolaryngology, and Cardiology.
About Children’s Hospital Central California
Children’s Hospital Central California is a 297-bed pediatric medical center just north of Fresno on the San Joaquin River bluffs. Established in 1952, Children’s moved from its central Fresno location in 1998 into a pristine facility sitting on a beautiful 50-acre campus. With more than 500 doctors practicing in more than 40 pediatric specialties and subspecialties, Children’s Hospital prides itself on excellent outcomes and family-centered care.
One of the ten largest hospitals of its kind, Children’s serves kids in a 45,000 square-mile region that stretches from Stockton to Bakersfield and the Sierra Nevada to the Pacific Ocean.
Children’s Hospital is a world-class medical facility like none other in the region. The Hospital is continually recognized for quality patient outcomes, high patient satisfaction scores and nursing care excellence. In 2004, the Hospital became the first children’s hospital in California to receive the Magnet Nursing Services Award from theAmerican Nurses Credentialing Center. The Magnet Award is given to less than 3 percent of all hospitals in the country.
For a complete listing of our specialties and services visit Children’s online at http://www.childrenscentralcal.org.
mgolden @ childrenscentralcal.org
# # #