Boulder, CO residents now have a new, valuable, online source for mold testing and inspection information.
Boulder, Colorado (PRWEB) September 26, 2012
Mold Inspection Sciences just launched its new, updated website to help Boulder, Colorado residents understand and appreciated the value and importance of quality and certified mold inspection in Boulder. The website also provides additional, useful resources, including interesting and informative YouTube videos that explain the fundamentals of mold testing in Boulder, about mold detection and inspection, roof leaks and mold odor, and indoor allergy testing and analysis. The new website also has an active mold blog section that contains concise, easy to read, relevant, and interesting posts about mold inspections and mold testing written by the company’s management team.
There are a concerning number of disreputable mold inspection and testing companies operating in the greater Denver and Boulder area. Some of these companies are just ignorant of proper processes and procedures and are unclear how to follow and adhere to industry accepted standards and best practices, some companies and individuals just choose not to follow them, and unfortunately, some are simply dishonest and looking to make money.
Mold Inspection Sciences of Boulder's corporate foundation is built on sound, basic, honest, industry accepted and recognized practices and procedures. They follow the guidelines and standards of many respected and authoritative organizations including:
-The Indoor Air Quality Association (IAQA);
-The California State Department of Health;
-American Council for Accredited Certification (ACAC); and
-The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
The company focuses their business exclusively on mold consulting services -- testing, detection, and inspection. They do not perform any mold remediation, removal, cleaning, or re-construction services, and thus there is no conflict of interest for their clients.
Following are several of the main concepts about mold testing and inspection found on the company’s new website:
- It's important to hire a company that employs certified mold inspection professionals;
- It's always best to hire an inspection company that does not also perform mold remediation or removal or cleaning (especially on the same project);
- Take the time to inquire about the company’s rating and profile with the Better Business Bureau (Mold Inspection Sciences of Boulder has an A+ rating);
- Mold sampling and subsequent laboratory analysis is an integral part of the overall mold investigation of a home or business;
- The key to a quality mold investigation is a proper investigation for water and moisture intrusion. There cannot be a mold problem without a related water problem;
- Indoor, airborne mold spore exposure can be harmful to the health of the occupants;
- A quality mold inspection is not free (don't be fooled), it is a professional, time consuming and detailed service performed by seasoned and certified professionals;
- A responsible mold inspection company does not comment on whether indoor mold levels are harmful to the occupants, that is the job of a doctor; and
- Don’t use the services of a mold inspection and testing company that uses fear tactics to earn your business.
Important and useful consumer information about mold inspection and mold testing can also be found on Mold Inspection Sciences’ blog: (blog.moldinspectionsciences.com). This blog contains information about mold myths, mold and health, allergies, mold remediation and removal, symptoms of mold exposure, and other mold related topics.
Mold Inspection Sciences of Boulder is a professional, certified mold inspection and mold testing company. Founded in 2002 to help Boulder homeowners and business owners inspect and test their properties for mold to ensure the health and safety of the occupants.