SAN FRANCISCO, CA (PRWEB) October 17, 2006
Busy moms and active mothers’ groups now have a new, free service to create online groups, share knowledge and participate in a global network, all without sacrificing their important offline relationships and interactions with like-minded moms, thanks to MothersClick.com (http://www.mothersclick.com). MothersClick is the first and only site tailoring its service for real-life mothers’ groups.
Created by a first-time mom, MothersClick provides a place for managing group communications and organizing activities and events, such as playgroups and co-ops, while offering greater value for time spent online by addressing an important and ongoing need: gathering information. MothersClick has developed a unique system for moms to ask questions and find answers, not just within their own private group, but also by tapping into the collective knowledge of the global community of mothers connected online.
“After my daughter was born, I found great support by joining a few mothers’ groups in my area. We help each other regularly by sharing advice via email, which results in the problem that I call inbox overload,” commented Andra Davidson, MothersClick co-founder and president. “Recognizing the importance of our group network, I was motivated to find a better way for us all to communicate and share important knowledge, while complementing our current activities. That’s how MothersClick was born.”
MothersClick differs significantly from existing sites trying to appeal to moms. MothersClick is neither a general “forum” nor is it just another Web 2.0 social network of far-flung strangers. It is a dynamic and interactive community designed exclusively for moms that provides the logical next step for building and growing both online and offline communities. The site offers the tools to enable moms to find groups or start groups, quickly and simply, according to interests and location, and can be easily used by new and existing mothers’ groups, clubs and other organizations without giving up any control of ownership. MothersClick enables better group management and introduces an interactive online network that enhances the value offered to all members. Furthermore, MothersClick offers an excellent opportunity to create groups for special interests, such as raising children with special needs, military moms or moms married to police officers or firefighters.
Well-known mom blogger of TheMommyBlog.com, published author and MothersClick advisor, Mindy Roberts believes the group-building and knowledge-sharing capabilities of MothersClick are very useful. “Playgroups, mommy groups and playground cliques are all well and good, but for those in outlying areas, those with limited transportation or budget crunches, the online equivalent is fast becoming superior. It’s an efficient and reliable way to make comparisons free of bias from an aggregated sample and draw your own conclusions without hurting your playgroup advisor’s feelings. After going through the wringer with three children and all sorts of parenting trials, I’m happy to be in the position to offer support and my experiences to others who are going through the stages of motherhood.”
According to Davidson, “MothersClick’s primary purpose is to empower moms to learn from each other, collectively, creating the greatest community-based online parenting resource by aggregating and archiving our ‘mommy wisdom’ to share with others.” To achieve this, MothersClick provides the following online tools and services for new moms and mothers’ groups:
- Dynamic Group-Building – MothersClick’s unique group-building infrastructure allows mothers to ask questions and find answers, while better managing and tracking communications.
- Seamless Integration into Existing Mothers’ Groups Websites or Blogs – MothersClick enhances the member experiences of existing mothers’ groups with more interaction. Each group is assigned a personalized link (for example, mothersclick.com/yourgroup), which can be used on an existing website, or placed on any materials used to promote your group and attract new members. Every group created on MothersClick operates independently, managed by whoever establishes the group, and MothersClick exercises no control over membership.
- Intra- and Inter-Group Communications – One of the most powerful features of MothersClick is the ability to allow mothers to communicate with others outside of their groups – regardless of geography. The sharing of knowledge is global and one of the greatest benefits. By offering this functionality on one platform, MothersClick creates an easy way for a mom in one group to find and ask a question of another group, while maintaining the autonomy and privacy of each group.
- Blogs – Every MothersClick member is given her very own blog. In addition, the site includes feeds from popular mommy blogs, such as CoolMomPicks, ParentHacks and The MommyBlog.
- Safety and Security – MothersClick takes security very seriously. Each group may be setup as strictly private and by invitation-only, mother-to-mother, and is managed by the founding group leader. MothersClick does not allow others to access personal information or e-mail addresses, and only the members invited to a particular group can read the group’s private messages.
Additional MothersClick features include flexible RSS feeds, private messaging, user generated content management, tagging and tag-cloud generation, and intelligent search.
MothersClick is now available to all moms and mothers’ groups, everywhere, for free. To join the community and see how MothersClick can help you find or start a new mothers’ group, better manage an existing group, or just to see what moms are talking about, visit http://www.mothersclick.com.
Inspired and co-founded by first-time mom, Andra Davidson, MothersClick is a dynamic and interactive community designed exclusively for busy moms and mothers’ groups. MothersClick provides the tools and services for organizing and managing group communications, events and activities, such as playgroups and co-ops, and it helps maximize the value of moms’ time spent online by sharing knowledge; asking questions and finding answers to the experiences of motherhood and parenting. MothersClick is headquartered in San Francisco, Calif. For more information, visit http://www.mothersclick.com.