Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while but their hearts forever.
Nashville, Tenn. (Vocus) April 18, 2009
Some days she may feel like the maid, the chauffer, the line cook and the gardener. But, Mother's Day weekend, May 9 & 10, 2009, is the time when she should feel like the princess. This Mother's Day, take the mom in your family's life to The Family Affair at Gaylord Opryland Resort to celebrate the special bond between parents and their children.
The Family Affair on Saturday, May 9, 2009, begins with together time for mothers and sons at the Mom Prom, while the fathers and daughters enjoy some time special moments at the My Heart Belongs to Daddy Dance. Then at the end of the evening, everyone will get back together for a fun-filled family dance party.
One of the most frequently quoted phrases about mothers is by an unknown author, "Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while but their hearts forever." Gaylord Opryland, the iconic resort of the South, is making it easy and affordable to take mom to the prom and The Family Affair for an experience that will create memories not only for her but for the entire family.
The Family Affair includes:
- One-night room accommodations including a FREE* upgrade to Atrium Garden view ($65 value)
- Admission to the Mom Prom for mother and son(s) from 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Admission to the My Heart Belongs To Daddy Dance for father and daughter(s) from 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Admission to the Family Affair Dance for the entire family from 7:30 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Each party includes DJ, dance contests, refreshments and lots of fun!
- One souvenir photo per room
- Continental family breakfast on Mother's Day with a special gift for Mom
- Corsages and boutonnières will be available for purchase
And don't forget about the beauty of Gaylord Opryland Resort, where it is always 72 degrees and sunny inside the tropical atriums with nine acres of lush gardens and sparkling waterfalls, and 4 million square feet under one roof. Take time to enjoy the gardens with mom, treat her to the resort's Relâche Spa or take a dip in the luxurious swimming pools, indoor or outdoor.
"If I had a flower for each time I thought of my mother, I could walk in my garden forever." - Unknown
To book: Call 1-888-999-OPRY. *Refer to code 149FAM when booking online. Extra nights available at prevailing rates.
*Per room, plus tax, resort fee and parking. Offer valid for up to 2 adults and 3 children per room. Appropriate for ages 4 to 12. Not retroactive or valid conjunction with other offers. Upgrade based on availability at time of arrival. Other restrictions may apply.
Media Relations Contacts:
Kim Keelor, (615) 458-2877, kkeelor(at)gaylordhotels.com
Ann Dee McClane-Bunn, (615) 458-2896, amcclane-bunn(at)gaylordhotels.com