Each of the featured chefs will prepare a five-course menu, paired with wine from several select Napa Valley vintners. During the day, our guests can either participate in cooking seminars with one of the chefs or spend time with them as they host fly-fishing, horseback riding and other outdoor wilderness adventures we have planned
Past News ReleasesRSS
Greenough, Montana (Vocus) June 15, 2010
Food and wine lovers can now rub elbows and mingle with the country’s top celebrity chefs and winemakers at the 4th annual Montana Master Chefs at The Resort at Paws Up. The culinary event was created for guests with a true passion for exquisite food, exceptional wines, and the eagerness to experience wilderness adventures like never before. Then there is the setting: A luxury ranch resort featuring private guest homes on 37,000 acres of pristine Montana Wilderness -- just a 30-minute drive northeast from Missoula International Airport.
Guests will meet with, explore and learn from some of the top chefs in the country.
Participating featured chefs are:
- Mark Peel, executive chef and owner, Campanile Restaurant, Los Angeles; co-author of several books; just opened Tar Pit, Los Angeles
- Brian Bistrong, executive chef and owner, Braeburn Restaurant, New York
- Wes Coffel, executive chef, The Resort at Paws Up, Montana
Guest chefs are:
- Lee Anne Wong, visiting chef and alumni ambassador, the French Culinary Institute, New York; media personality and cheftestant (Season 1), Bravo TV “Top Chef”, and supervising culinary producer, Bravo TV “Top Chef” and “Top Chef Masters”;
- Dale Levitski, executive chef, Sprout, Chicago, and runner-up Bravo TV “Top Chef” (Season 3).
The selected vintners include:
- Trefethen Family Vineyards, Napa, California: Family owned and operated vineyards since 1968. Notable varietal include 2005 Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Merry Edwards Winery, Sebastopol, California: Owned and operated by one of the few female winemakers, these outstanding wines are made from carefully hand-harvested grapes found in the Russian River Valley.
- Grgich Hills Estate, Rutherford, California: Family owned and producers of world-class certified organic and Biodynamic wines in Napa Valley.
“Each of the featured chefs will prepare a five-course menu, paired with wine from several select Napa Valley vintners. During the day, our guests can either participate in cooking seminars with one of the chefs or spend time with them as they host fly-fishing, horseback riding and other outdoor wilderness adventures we have planned,” says Larry Lipson, co-owner of The Resort at Paws Up. He adds: “Our two acclaimed Bravo TV’s ‘Top Chefs’ -- Lee Anne Wong and Dale Levitski -- will square off in a cook-off challenge. There’s no need to watch them on TV because at Paws Up, we give our guests the real up-close and personal experience, the best and the blunders. It’s one of the many reasons our intimate weekend is like no other food and wine event in the country. It’s an unforgettable experience, guaranteed.”
Pricing: An all-inclusive couples package starts at $4,323 and comes with three meals per day including evening dinners with featured chefs and wine pairings by select vintners; champagne welcome; wine tastings; fly fishing, horseback riding, ATV tours, sporting clays, and other activities; airport transfers, on-property transportation, and much more.
To Book: Go to: http://www.montanamasterchefs.com/ or call 1-800-473-0601
ABOUT PAWS UP:
Opened in 2005, The Resort at Paws Up combines luxury with unforgettable adventure on 37,000 acres of untamed Montana wilderness steeped in Lewis and Clark history. The Resort at Paws Up offers accommodations for 150 guests in 28 well-appointed vacation homes, ranging from two-bedroom Meadow Homes to the charming, private four-bedroom Morris Farmhouse and Wilderness Estates. Paws Up is located in the heart of the Blackfoot Valley in western Montana. Travelers can access Missoula via direct flights from Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Chicago, Phoenix, Denver, Las Vegas, Minneapolis, and Salt Lake City. For more information, please visit http://www.pawsup.com or call 800-473-0601.
Quinn Doan/Charlotte Novom
Novom Marketing, Inc.