New York, New York (PRWEB) May 07, 2013
Mother’s Day in NYC will be here in no time. Planning a trip to NYC with mom is the perfect way to pamper mom this year, and NYCTourist.com has announced the top ways to treat her right in New York City.
1. Treat her to a night in a nice hotel. Let mom enjoy this day in one of New York City’s beautiful hotels. Pamper her in a Times Square hotel, treat her to a weekend getaway in a chic SoHo hotel or put her up for a getaway in a Central Park hotel with a view. There are so many great hotels in NYC, and many of them are offering fantastic hotel discounts and package deals perfect for Mother’s Day. Check out the spa packages, shopping packages, sightseeing deals and more with these great NYC hotel deals to find the perfect place to spend a night or weekend away with mom this Mother’s Day in NYC.
2. Pick her up from the airport in a limo. It’s a little known fact that taking a limo from the airport into Manhattan costs about the same price as a taxi and is much nicer. Treat mom to a ride into the city in style this Mother’s Day by booking one of the fabulous limos in NYC for a ride, a sightseeing limo tour around the city, or a luxurious ride to any of the events planned for Mother’s Day in NYC. There are a few great limo services in the city, and some of them are even offering a few deals for special events just like this.
3. Cruise around in NYC. Boat tours in New York City are fantastic this time of year. The weather is warming up, the city is as beautiful as ever and many of the tour offer specials for Mother’s Day. Opt out of brunch at a restaurant around town and hop on one of these fabulous yachts for an unforgettable Mother’s Day brunch or any of the other great boat cruises with the NY Classic Harbor Line Cruise. Looking for something equally as memorable but much more adventurous? Check out the awesome jet ski tours of NYC and take mom for a real thrill ride. There are so many ways to get mom out on the water and enjoy the sights on NYC, whether it’s an elegant afternoon or a wild one.
4. See NYC from above. NYC helicopter tours offer some of the most unbelievable views of the city, and these rides are one of the best ways to treat mom to a Mother’s Day she’ll never forget. Helicopter tours are truly the experience of a lifetime, and many tour companies offer various prices and lengths, so they’re often more affordable than you might have thought. Helicopter tours are a top pick for an extra-special mom by NYCTourist.com. For those who want a more affordable view of NYC from above, the views at the Top of the Rock can’t be beaten from anywhere on the ground.
5. See a Show. There are so many fantastic shows on Broadway playing right now, so there’s sure to be something for every mom to enjoy with whoever she’s celebrating with. Mother’s celebrating this holiday with their daughters might enjoy seeing Mamma Mia. Husbands taking their wives for an adult trip to NYC might want to opt for Chicago The Musical, or for something off-Broadway and a little out of the ordinary, be amazed at Fuerza Bruta. Mothers traveling with their entire family will love Newsies, Annie, Spider-Man or the Lion King. While these are all family friendly, they are fun for every viewer with great music, awesome choreography, and often a familiar and timeless story.
6. Head to the fairs. Street Fairs in NYC are a huge hit! There are street fairs and festivals in NYC all weekend (and all season) long, so check out some of them this weekend. On Friday, head to the Midtown East Spring Fair. On Saturday, the 2nd Avenue Festival and 63rd Drive Festival will be going on. On Mother’s Day Sunday, the Romania Day Festival, Chelsea Spring Fair, Broadway Festival and Upper Broadway Festival are all happening throughout the city. Check out all the upcoming NYC street fairs.
7. Capture the day on a photo tour in New York City. There are so many great things to do and see in New York City, and of course you’re going to want to take pictures along the way. Why not be in every one of those pictures with mom exploring famous NYC attractions like the Brooklyn Bridge, Central Park, Times Square and more! A professional photographer doubles as a tour guide, walking to landmarks and attractions all over the city and taking pictures of the group along the way. This is a great way to spend the day with mom and document the entire afternoon.
NYCTourist.com is an authority on traveling to New York City. NYCTourist.com is a one-stop destination when planning a NYC vacation. Find the best information, deals, reviews and tickets for hotels, attractions, Broadway shows and events in New York City. Lizz Riggs, editor of NYCTourist.com, can help travelers find all the best things to do, places to stay and deals to take advantage of on their next trip.