Following these few simple tips will make for both happy lawns and safe lawn mowing conditions for your team - said Owner Tom Ulbrich
Buffalo, NY (PRWEB) April 24, 2012
Mow More Supplies offers several tips for commercial lawn mowing contractors to help them purchase quality mower blades that will stay sharp longer and keep their client’s lawns green even under the most difficult weather conditions.
1. Use top quality commercial mower blades that are made from quality steel, heat treated to the optimum hardness.
2. Decide whether you are going to purchase an O.E.M. blade or an aftermarket blade. O.E.M. refers to the original equipment manufacturer (e.g. ExmarkTM, ScagTM, WalkerTM). O.E.M. mower blades are what come on your original equipment. As an alternative, you can feel comfortable using aftermarket blades purchased from a reputable supplier. Aftermarket blades are made to the same exacting specifications as the O.E.M. commercial mower blade and are often manufactured in the same plants.
3. It is important that you purchase commercial mower blades that are an exact match for the blade you are replacing. For instance, you never want to use a blade specified for a ScagTM lawnmower on an ExmarkTM mower or vice versa. To use anything less than the correct commercial mower blade is not only dangerous, but may also void any manufacturers’ warranties.
4. Consider trying a set of commercial high-lift or GatorTM blades on your mower. In the right conditions they may save you some additional work as they provide optimum grass lift and increase air flow under the deck which may help prevent plugging up the discharge chute when bagging in difficult conditions.
5. Given the importance of quality of grass cut and crew safety… price is the last piece of the puzzle in purchasing commercial blades that you should probably consider. That being said, it is possible to save significant money by purchasing top quality aftermarket commercial lawn mower blades from reputable suppliers.
The general rules of thumb for purchasing top quality commercial mower blades is to buy from a reputable source, use blades made specifically for your mower, make sure you have the correct commercial blade by matching the O.E.M. numbers supplied by the dealer or aftermarket supplier and consider saving some money by looking at the large selection of quality aftermarket blades available. Following these few simple tips will make for both happy lawns and safe lawn mowing conditions for your team.
Mow More Landscape Supplies is a national company that solely focuses on helping Landscaping and Lawn Care businesses by providing high quality commercial lawn mower blades via a convenient on-line store. They are headquartered in Western New York where the Owner and Founder Tom Ulbrich started the company. The company has its roots as a Landscaping and Lawn Care Maintenance business and experienced the challenges of finding high quality lawn care accessories at affordable prices with dependable service - visit them at http://www.mowmore.com