“I believe the OrderZone marketplace concept can reduce redundancy and inefficiencies in the supply chain,” says OrderZone CEO Brent D. Ray
Chicago (PRWEB) February 18, 2011
OrderZone, a business-to-business platform for purchasing a wide variety of business products and services, announces the launch of its B2B marketplace, OrderZone.com. This multiple-supplier marketplace allows customers of all sizes to order everything from bearings to light-bulbs using one simple registration, one search method, and one order form--saving substantial time and money.
February 16th marks the launch of OrderZone.com beta version 1.1.0, featuring input from five key supplier partners--Fuji Electric, Airmaster Fan, IKO Bearings, IdealShield and Graymills. OrderZone will launch a full-scale, enhanced version of the site at the end of March.
With OrderZone.com, any small, mid-size or large customer can:
- Place one order among multiple suppliers
- Consolidate purchases of MRO supplies, OEM parts and critical repair items
- Search for thousands of products from leading B2B suppliers and manufacturers
- Establish multiple levels of order approval using OrderZone's advanced Order Approval System (OAS)
- Create custom "frequently ordered" lists such as personal favorites, department favorites and job favorites
- Add their own custom data, such as customer part numbers, customer locations, customer descriptions and item-level notes
- Schedule repeat and pre-planned purchases
OrderZone.com is currently developing five supply chain software modules designed to help customers better manage the procurement process. These software solutions will help customers implement programs for:
- Inventory management
- Requisition and spot-buy management
- Asset and warranty management
- Vendor-managed inventory--through its SmartVMI™ solution
- Key Performance Indicators--with its KPI Scorecard™ solution
"I believe the OrderZone marketplace concept can reduce redundancy and inefficiencies in the supply chain," says OrderZone CEO Brent D. Ray. "Other marketplaces and spend-management platforms are too expensive and complex for small to medium-sized end users. Additionally, channel-dominating wholesale distributors only specialize in their core commodities and brands. As a result, buying and managing all of your products requires maintaining and using multiple eCommerce platforms."
OrderZone was originally launched in 1999 by broad-line MRO products distributor W.W. Grainger. Other OrderZone suppliers included Cintas Corporation, Corporate Express, Inc., Lab Safety Supply, Marshall Industries, VWR Scientific Products, Fastenal Company and Motion Industries.
OrderZone is now owned by a group of private investors with in-depth experience using Web 2.0 and SaaS (software-as-a-service) engineering technologies for e-commerce and supply chain management.
"We believe the OrderZone concept was a brilliant idea," adds Ray. "As a result, our staff is dedicated to reinventing the OrderZone technology platform by creating a community of suppliers and a portfolio of supply chain applications that provide superior value, efficiency and convenience to businesses of all sizes."
OrderZone.com was launched in 1999 by broad-line MRO distributor W.W. Grainger and today is owned by a group of private investors. The site brings together business-to-business buyers and sellers in a convenient, one-stop shop for purchasing a wide range of MRO, OEM, and other business products and services. For more information, go to http://www.orderzone.com
# # #