Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) February 27, 2012
CivilianJobs.com, where America's military connects with civilian careers, announced the finalists for the 2012 Most Valuable Employers (MVE) for Military today.
The MVE finalist companies are:
- 7-Eleven, Inc.
- AAR Aircraft Services, Oklahoma
- Allstate Insurance Company
- American Red Cross
- BNSF Railway
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- CACI International Inc.
- Capital One Financial Corporation
- Capstone Corporation
- CCA - Corrections Corporation of America
- Chesapeake Energy Corporation
- City of Warner Robins Police Department
- Combined Insurance Company
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc.
- Crete Carrier Corp.
- CSX Corporation
- Danos & Curole
- DaVita, Inc.
- Edward Jones
- Exelis Inc.
- First Command Financial Services
- Fluor Corporation
- G4S Secure Solutions USA
- General Electric
- Halfaker and Associates, LLC
- Humana Inc
- JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- ManTech International Corporation
- MDT Armor Corporation
- Merendino Cemetery Care
- National Truck Driver School/National Heavy Equipment Operator School
- Navy Federal Credit Union
- Newmont Mining Corporation
- Norfolk Southern Corporation
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Patterson-UTI Drilling Company, LLC
- Progressive Insurance Companies
- Puget Sound Energy
- Schneider National, Inc.
- Scientific Research Corporation
- Sears Holdings Corporation
- Southern Company
- Southwest Airlines
- Sunbelt Rentals
- The Army & Air Force Exchange Service
- The Dow Chemical Company
- The GEO Group, Inc.
- United Rentals, Inc.
- University of Phoenix
- URS Federal Services
- Verizon Communications Inc.
- Veterans Outreach Genesis 10
- Waste Management, Inc.
- Whelan Security
“In my role with the Staffing Services team at CivilianJobs.com, I support a number of employers’ military hiring programs, and as such, I am aware of the methods by which many companies recruit from the military talent pool,” said Pete Charest, director of staffing. “With that said, the dedication demonstrated by the 2012 MVE Finalists to hiring veterans as well as their innovative approaches to sourcing military job seekers was very impressive. I am proud to help recognize their efforts.”
The 2012 Most Valuable Employers (MVE) for Military was open to all U.S.-based companies. The finalists were selected based on surveys in which employers outlined their recruiting, training and retention plans that best serve military service members and veterans. Winners will be selected from this pool of finalist companies and will be announced May 1, 2012. In addition to being recognized in the May issue of Civilian Job News, CivilianJobs.com's world-wide military base newspaper, winning employers will also be displayed on the CivilianJobs.com web site.
To be included on the 2013 award submission deadline notification, companies should send an e-mail request to MVE(at)civilianjobs(dot)com.
The CivilianJobs.com Most Valuable Employers (MVE) for Military serves to help military-experienced job seekers identify the top employers to target for civilian careers. MVEs are selected annually based on those employers whose recruiting, training and retention plans best serve military service members and veterans.
CivilianJobs.com, where America's military connects with civilian careers, delivers job fairs, staffing services, a job board plus employer advertising in our military base newspaper, Civilian Job News. CivilianJobs.com is a WBENC-certified woman-owned business / diversity supplier.
About Civilian Job News (CJN)
Published since 2005, Civilian Job News is a bi-monthly multi-media publication (print / e-mail / web) featuring practical information for job seekers, including resume and interviewing tips, transition planning and strategy recommendations, company profiles, and advice from transition experts. CJN is distributed to military bases world-wide including via military transition classes, through Military Transition Offices (TAP and ACAP), military hospitals, USO centers and email distribution.