Halloween is one of the best times to be an apartment dweller
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) October 26, 2009
With Halloween just around the corner, apartment listing website MyNewPlace announced its first annual list of America's Best Cities for Trick or Treaters, a report on top cities for trick-or-treating, apartment style. Analyzing its listing data for apartment properties around the country, MyNewPlace identified cities with particularly large apartment properties for the most efficient trick-or-treating in the nation.
"Halloween is one of the best times to be an apartment dweller," said Matt DiChiara, apartment living specialist for MyNewPlace. "Lots of friendly neighbors nearby means big Halloween fun--and big scores for trick-or-treaters," DiChiara added.
Five Great Cities for Trick-or-Treating
Many families drive across town to find the perfect trick-or-treating locale. Apartment living offers an easy, safe and all-weather way to take your family trick or treating. MyNewPlace found five cities in particular where apartment-dwelling trick-or-treaters can find the best trick-or-treating opportunities:
- Houston, TX: Everything's bigger in Texas--especially the trick-or-treating yields in Houston, with some of the biggest properties in the country. Can you say "king-size"?
- Chevy Chase, MD: This swanky suburb of Washington, DC boasts some big buildings and has one of the highest median household incomes in the country--a veritable gold mine for the savvy trick-or-treater.
- Arlington, VA: Just across the river from DC lies another great trick-or-treating destination, with an average of 245 units/property.
- Atlanta, GA: With more than 200 units per property at the average Atlanta apartment property, Atlanta is a ghoulishly good city for apartment trick-or-treating.
- New York, NY: Not all New York properties are huge, but with an average of 231 units per building in the properties listed on MyNewPlace, the Big Apple is a treasure trove for some lucky apartment-dwelling trick-or-treaters.
Tips for celebrating Halloween at your apartment
- Get festive! Decorate your apartment to show off your Halloween spirit. Make sure to follow any property rules or fire codes.
- Parents--accompany your kids while trick-or-treating, especially the youngest. It's also a great way to get to know your neighbors.
- Never go into the home of someone you don't know unless an adult is also going.
- Always check candy to make sure any candy or goodies are properly sealed. Never eat candy if the package is open.
- If you make a big score, make sure not to eat all your loot at once!
MyNewPlace provides the multifamily marketing professional with the most innovative and cost-effective tools to fill their vacancies. From MyNewPlace.com, the industry's fastest growing Internet Listing Service for apartment search, to MyNewSite, the industry's most cost-effective website solution, MyNewPlace puts the best tools in the hands of owners and managers to help market their apartments for rent. A 3-time BusinessWeek Best of the Web Winner, MyNewPlace was founded in 2005 by John Helm, the founding CEO of AllApartments/SpringStreet, which became the number one apartment rental and relocation site on the Internet before its sale to Homestore in 1999. For more information, visit http://www.mynewplace.com.
Jonathan (Jasper) Sherman-Presser
# # #