New York, NY (Vocus) October 20, 2010
eNannySource congratulates the National Association for Nanny Care for its successful Nannypalooza 2010. Over 500 nannies participated in 17 cities across the United States over the weekend of September 18 and 19. All things nanny jobs oriented were featured in the various workshops.
2010 was the first year that NannyPalooza was held in many cities on the same weekend. The organizers did a superb job of putting together this complex event that is exclusively about nanny care.
Here are some highlights:
- Las Vegas, 78 nannies attended. Dr. Wendy Walsh of the Today Show spoke
- Boston, more than 70 nannies attended. 12 workshops on aspects of nanny work
- Orlando, offered free CPR to all nannies attending
- Detroit, great turnout in spite of bad weather and road closures
- Cincinnati, INA nanny of the year, Greta Schraer presented a nanny workshop
- Houston, more than half of all nannies attending were sponsored by their employers
All the events cost $25 or less for nannies to attend. Nannies generally don’t have many opportunities to network since they usually work alone and these conferences offered nannies plenty of networking time to discuss nanny jobs.
Sue Downey, one of the organizers, said “Some events were huge and had many workshops choices while some events were more focused and on a smaller scale. The most impressive thing was that all the events really spoke to the community where they were held. It allowed us to really reach out to nannies who had no experience with continuing education or conferences. Many connections were made and there were so many rave reviews!! While it is difficult to pull together an event like this, NANC offered many resources and support and it made it much easier for many of the organizers.”