An eNannySource core value is helping nannies find good nanny jobs in a bad economy
New York, NY (Vocus/PRWEB) February 24, 2011
One of eNannySource’s core missions is to help nannies find good nanny jobs in this tight economy. eNannySource has compiled a comprehensive system for nannies searching for nanny positions and for people that want to know how to become a nanny.
Here’s what eNannySource recommends that nannies follow in their job search.
1. Compile a good nanny resume that includes your education, schools attended and a good description of your job worked in, both nanny jobs and others. A nanny application may be even better since it covers more areas.
2. Get letters of reference from your prior nanny employer and others. If you haven’t worked before get letters of reference from teachers, ministers and other people important in your life.
3. Go online and make online registrations at all of the online nanny agencies and job sites such as Indeed.com you can find.
4. Go to local nanny agencies in your city and make applications there. Find out from your friends which nanny agencies are the most reputable in your area.
5. Have a good picture of yourself to post in your online registrations. Appropriate dress, smiling and it should include only you or you and a child, no one else. Be sure that you’re close enough to be seen in the picture.
6. Write out in a word processor what you want to say about yourself and be sure it’s well written and free of grammar and spelling errors. Be sure to use complete words and punctuation—this isn’t text messaging!
7. Go online and search for appropriate nanny jobs and make your applications for the jobs.
8. Respond promptly to all emails and phone calls.
9. A phone interview is just that, it’s not a casual conversation. Answer the questions completely and stay on point. Find out what you feel you want to know about the job and try to get a sense if you feel the family would be right for you.
10. Arrive at your in-person on time and dressed for a nanny job interview. Be sure to bring your resume, nanny job application form and letters of reference.
We hope that the job offers come rolling in!
# # #