Houston, TX (PRWEB) October 29, 2007
GasGeorgia.com, a free online service where consumers can compare natural gas companies and order service for their home in Georgia, has some helpful winter weather proofing hints that can save money.
The following ideas range from inexpensive to expensive depending on the customer's needs and budget. If a house is not properly maintained for the winter it can increase the heating bill by 25-40 percent.
- Install a programmable digital thermostat. Changing the temperature in the house from 72 degrees to 65 degrees when no one is home for eight hours a day can lower a heating bill by 10 percent.
- Limit the length of showers to cut down on hot water use.
- Use natural gas to heat the home. Natural gas costs 20-50 percent less than electricity, oil and propane.
- Use cold water often to wash clothes to once again cut down on hot water usage.
- Install a gas water heater. Compared to electric water tanks gas water heaters heat water twice as fast.
- Keep shades and curtains on any south facing windows open during the day to allow the sunshine to come in and warm the house. Draw them at night to keep the cold out.
- Install a gas furnace. It produces more warmth than a heat pump.
- Caulk and weather strip all doors and windows to prevent air from leaking.
- Check the insulation in the attic and walls. Proper amount of insulation will keep the cold air out and the warm air in during the winter.
- Replace all single pane windows to prevent cold air from coming inside.
- Run the dishwasher only when it is full and turn off the hot water setting and the let the dishes air dry.
GasGeorgia.com is the only online comparison shopping marketplace for consumers to view information on natural gas providers in Georgia, make an educated buying decision while benefiting from the lowest rates available. As a member of the WhiteFence network, GasGeorgia also allows consumers to set up their utilities and home entertainment services.
Whether moving or just shopping for new service, GasGeorgia customizes your shopping experience with head-to-head comparisons of available natural gas companies and their various products and rate plans, and then takes you through a simple step-by-step process. GasGeorgia helps you save valuable time and money by circumventing the traditional research process, and placing all the available energy companies in your area in one, easy-to-navigate site. GasGeorgia is a member of the WhiteFence network.
# # #