Natural wool insulation reduces heating and cooling costs by eliminating voids and air pockets common with other insulation materials.
Rainer, OR (PRWEB) November 12, 2011
Oregon Shepherd, a Natural Wool Insulation company located in Oregon continues its effort to educate homeowners on the advantages of using sheep wool insulation. Recently it introduced a home insulation kit called “Wall in a Box” to help homeowners looking to improve or upgrade their home insulation. The “Wall in a Box” kit comes complete with all the materials a homeowner needs to insulate a 7 x 8 or 10 x 8 wall.
According to Margaret Magruder, co-owner at Oregon Shepherd, "Natural wool insulation appeals to homeowners who want to save time and money while trying to take advantage of renewal resources. Our research showed that most of our customers decided to use our sheep wool insulation after they had actually held a sample of the insulation their hands. Based on this information we’ve decided to go national with our free sheep wool sample program.”
Oregon Shepherd is offering free wool insulation samples to qualified homeowners who want to see and fell the difference between traditional fiberglass and the more efficient and safer to handle sheep wool insulation.
There are many unique advantages when using wool as an insulator:
- The energy required to produce our insulation is less than 10% of that required to produce traditional insulation materials.
- Wool can absorb and breakdown indoor air pollutants such as formaldehyde, nitrogen dioxide, and sulfur dioxide.
- Wool is a sustainable and renewable resource; every year our sheep grow a new crop.
- Wool is completely recyclable; at the end of its life as insulation it can be remanufactured, reused, or biodegraded.
- Wool is an excellent absorption medium of sound waves; its inherent qualities provide much more acoustic insulation than traditional insulation in similar applications.
“Natural Wool Insulation is a renewable resource and continues to provide homeowners with a unique and safe alternative to fiberglass. The advantages of using sheep wool insulation are many including; ease of installation, proven performance, and energy savings return on investment. In addition, natural wool insulation reduces heating and cooling costs by eliminating voids and air pockets common with other insulation materials," said Magruder.
Qualified homeowners wanting to get a free sample of sheep wool insulation are encouraged to visit the company website at – http://OregonShepherd.com or call 888-629-9665.
About Oregon Shepherd, LLC
Oregon Shepherd, LLC was formed in 2003 by Joel Pynch and Margaret Magruder with the specific goal of expanding traditional markets for natural wool products. Several years later they invested in plant and equipment to manufacture wool insulation for the US market. To learn more about PermaBatt® natural wool insulation contact Margaret Magruder at 888-629-9665 or go to