IN-BOX is the toughest range of enclosures that OKW has ever manufactured.
Bridgeville, PA (PRWEB) December 12, 2012
OKW has launched IN-BOX – its toughest ever range of industrial-strength plastic enclosures.
IN-BOX has all the design features and attention to detail you would expect from OKW but has been built to cope with extremely demanding industrial environments.
These robust IP66, IP67 and NEMA 4X electronics enclosures are manufactured from ABS (UL 94 HB). They are also available in Polycarbonate (UL 94 V-2).
The ABS version of IN-BOX is impact-rated to IK07 (2 joules) while the stronger Polycarbonate version is rated to IK08 (5 joules).
Applications for IN-BOX wall mounted housings will include industrial electronics such as digital and analog instrumentation, sensors, interfaces and security systems.
This highly versatile range of enclosures is also ideal for electrical applications such as heating, climate and ventilation systems, machine controllers and construction equipment.
IN-BOX is a smart and modern design with a concealed mounting or exterior brackets. All the lids (including a transparent Polycarbonate UL 94 HB option) feature a recess for mounting a large membrane keypad or product label.
There are internal screw pillars for PCBs, mounting plates or for enclosing DIN rails. There is also a quick action stainless steel locking screw. Options include concealed internal hinges and a security kit.
IN-BOX plastic electronics housings are available in 16 sizes ranging from 3.30” x 3.22” x 2.16” to 11.89” x 9.13” x 4.33”.
Their standard color is light gray (RAL 7035) but a huge range of custom colors is also available.
Customizing options for IN-BOX enclosures also include CNC milling and drilling, silk-screen and tampo printing of legends and logos, RFI shielding and assembly of components.
OKW Enclosures, Inc, Vice President, Sales, Sean Bailey, said: “IN-BOX is the toughest range of enclosures that OKW has ever manufactured. Not only are they rated to IP66 and IP67 but they are also impact rated to cope with harsh industrial environments – perfect for really challenging applications."
“We are expecting IN-BOX to be very popular in both the electronics and electrical markets – that is why we have launched this new range with 16 sizes right from the start,” he added.
Accessories include an internal mounting plate in insulating material; a wall mounting kit featuring four mounting blocks and screws; an interior hinge kit with two hinge moldings and screws and a security kit with two moldings and lead tags.
- Attractive modern industrial design for housing electronics equipment or electrical terminals and assemblies
- Large range of 16 standard sizes
- Solid or with a transparent lid
- High impact resistance and protection class
- Hidden mounting or with exterior brackets
- Recess in lid for mounting a keypad or label
- Internal screw pillars for PCBs, mounting plates or DIN rails
- Quick action stainless steel locking screw
- Optional internal hinges and security kit
- Materials – ABS (UL 94 HB), ABS/Transparent PC (UL 94 HB), PC (UL 94 V-2)
- Protection Class – IP66, IP67
- Impact Strength – IK07 2 joule (ABS), IK08 5 joule (PC)
- Standard Color – Light gray, RAL 7035
- Accessories – mounting plates, external mounting brackets, internal hinge, security kit, DIN rails (TH35 and TH15), mounting screw for PCBs, DIN rails.
Other wall mounted enclosures from OKW include:
- ROBUST-BOX – universal sealed enclosures (IP66) which can be installed in a wide variety of locations including walls, bulkheads and machines
- SMART-BOX – modern and attractive IP66 enclosures with a keypad area. Screws are hidden under hinged lid trims
- DATEC-TERMINAL CASES – multi-variable IP54 housings with sloping fronts. They can also be used as desktop housings.
For more information about the new IN-BOX range of ABS and Polycarbonate enclosures, view the OKW website or contact OKW Enclosures, Inc, Vice President, Sales, Sean Bailey, Tel: 800-965-9872.
Notes for Editors:
OKW ENCLOSURES, INC.
Abele Business Park
3000 Old Pond Road
Tel. 800 965 9872
Tel. 412 220 9244
Fax. 412 220 9247