Permanent Pool Memory Management Method and System
Austin, Texas (Vocus) August 26, 2008
Building on a successful 2007 that concluded with the strongest quarter in its history, NetQoS® Inc. announced 60 percent year-over-year license revenue growth for the first half of 2008 with revenues of $25.6 million. Guided by its mission to help customers achieve optimal application delivery across increasingly complex global networks, NetQoS grew its business through a combination of in-house innovations, established industry partnerships, and continued ability to execute worldwide.
"Despite a slowing global economy, NetQoS has continued its strong, profitable growth with a very successful first half of the year," said Joel Trammell, CEO of NetQoS. "NetQoS has now recorded 29 consecutive quarters of double-digit year-over-year growth. To maintain and build upon this during an economic downturn is testament to the strength of our global business. NetQoS continues to stay ahead of the market through a commitment to innovation that supports customers' changing needs and allows them to manage critical application performance across the most complex networks."
Highlights for the first half of 2008 include:
Growth and Acquisition:
- Grew license revenues 60 percent year-over-year versus first half of 2007.
- Recorded 29th consecutive quarter of double digit year-over-year revenue growth.
- Increased EMEA revenues 160 percent year-over-year over first half of 2007.
- Added more than 100 new customers. More than one-third of those customers are included on the Fortune 1000 and/or the Forbes Global 2000 lists.
- Acquired Helium Systems, a privately held financial trade monitoring software company, to augment the NetQoS financial services offerings.
- Boosted staff in EMEA and the U.S., with plans to hire more than 30 additional employees by year end.
Technology Innovation with New Products and Partner Integration:
- Expanded the relationship with Cisco to help network engineers quantify the performance improvements derived from Cisco Application Delivery Networks deployed using Cisco Application Control Engine (ACE) modules and appliances, and Cisco Wide Area Application Services (WAAS) products.
- Achieved an industry first by integrating NetQoS Anomaly Detection capabilities into the NetQoS Performance Center. This allows network engineers and operations managers to identify and troubleshoot network behavior anomalies from within one network performance management product suite for the first time.
- Partnered with Microsoft System Center to integrate NetQoS Performance Center metrics alongside system and network management reports from Microsoft to reduce mean-time-to-repair (MTTR) and improve application delivery.
- Launched NetQoS Trade Monitor, a product obtained through the acquisition of Helium Systems, to help trade desk personnel manage the performance of low latency trading networks.
- Enhanced NetQoS VoIP Monitor with additional reporting and troubleshooting capabilities, along with support for SIP, to help monitor and improve VoIP call setup and call quality in existing deployments and plan for expansions.
- Introduced a new NetQoS Managed Services offering to help customers maintain high service levels and maximize ROI.
- Integrated performance and availability views from F5 Networks, Inc. devices into the NetQoS Performance Center to allow joint customers to benefit from NetQoS analysis and alerting capabilities to more quickly address network problems and improve application delivery across the network.
- Awarded patent number 7,404,061 by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office for the NetQoS "Permanent Pool Memory Management Method and System," which is a key component of the NetQoS ability to scale to the largest networks. This enables NetQoS software to process large amounts of data in small amounts of time and use less memory than otherwise needed.
About NetQoS Inc.
NetQoS provides network performance management software and services that improve application delivery across the world's most complex networks. More than 900 service providers, government agencies, and large enterprises - including half of the Fortune 100 - use the NetQoS Performance Center to monitor application service levels, troubleshoot problems quickly, and plan for change. Representative NetQoS customers include Chevron, Lockheed Martin, Reuters Group plc, American Express, Siemens, Boeing, Deutsche Telekom, NASA, and Barclays Global Investors. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, NetQoS has R&D centers in Austin and Raleigh, N.C., and regional sales offices in London and Singapore. For more information, visit http://www.netqos.com or call (877) 835-9575.
NetQoS is a registered trademark of NetQoS Inc. All other trade names, trademarks, and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
RSS Feed to NetQoS Press Releases: http://feeds.feedburner.com/NetqosPressReleases
Follow NetQoS on Twitter: http://twitter.com/NetQoSLive
Public Relations Manager
chandra.hosek @ netqos.com
# # #