The concept of a flat-pack 19” rack which can be assembled on-site in just a few minutes should prove very popular with network installation engineers when access on-site is difficult.
Bridgeville, PA (PRWEB) July 20, 2011
METCASE has launched RETEX LOGIC2 network racks for fast installation on sites where access is limited by narrow stairwells, elevators and doorways.
The unique RETEX LOGIC2 19” flat-pack rack system is designed to meet the needs of many different industry sectors including:
- cabling and networking installations
- IT and data center applications
- broadcasting, entertainment and audio-visual markets
- industrial computing and electronics.
Each LOGIC2 flat-pack rack kit is supplied complete with all parts in a single carton. This specially designed carton is tough, easy to store and transport.
These cartons are much easier to move on-site – especially in buildings with restricted access to stairways and elevators. Pre-assembled racks are far more difficult to install in such buildings without the risk of damage.
The LOGIC2 rack system consists of an extruded aluminum frame and can be assembled on-site in under five minutes.
Just eight bolts are required to assemble these 19” cabinets; panels and doors simply snap into place using special fast-action fixings.
These lightweight yet robust 19” racks can accommodate static loads up to 2,200lbs (1,000kg) and dynamic loads up to 660lbs (300kg).
Standard configurations include 600mm and 800mm wide cabinets in six different heights from 18U racks to 47U racks, including the most popular 42U size.
Three standard depths are offered: 600mm, 800mm and 1,000mm. All LOGIC2 networking racks are supplied with adjustable 19” panel mounts. The standard finish is graphite gray powder epoxy paint.
To mount equipment wider than 19", simply discard the panel mount reduction brackets and fit the 19" profiles to the side frames to give 26" width.
Door options include safety glass or mesh (front and rear) with both available in single or space-saving double door formats. The cabinets can be supplied without doors if required.
Unique design features include front and rear doors with 190-degree opening angle and soft close operation, quick release side and vented top panels.
Optional corner trims come in five colors to match corporate ID or color code different rack configurations.
All LOGIC2 network racks are manufactured from 100% recyclable materials. Prices for basic 42U racks start at $1,063.
A complete range of accessories is available for LOGIC2 server racks, including plinths and panels, modular fan units, cable management, 19” chassis trays, shelves, supports and rails, baying kits and PDUs.
METCASE, Vice President, Sales, Sean Bailey said: “The concept of a flat-pack 19” rack which can be assembled on-site in just a few minutes should prove very popular with network installation engineers when access on-site is difficult.”
Features of RETEX LOGIC2 flat-pack network racks:
- Flat-pack all-in-one-box 19" rack system
- Fast and simple assembly with just eight bolts
- Main structure – aluminum profiles assembled using high resistance diecast corner blocks
- 19" panel mounts adjustable in increments of 0.787" (20mm)
- Panel mount reduction brackets provide space either side of the 19" section for cabling
- Option 1 – open front rack with steel rear door
- Option 2 – ventilated, front and rear mesh doors (single or twin doors)
- Option 3 – safety glass front door (single or twin) with single steel rear door
- Removable side panels with quarter turn locks
- Ventilated top panel with cable entry knockouts secured by four quarter turn locks
- Blue ABS corner trims fitted to the corner blocks provide an attractive appearance
- Four adjustable leveling feet
- Accessory baying kit
- 19" Standards: IEC 60 297-2, DIN 41 494 part 1 & 7, ANSI/EIA-310-D, UNE 20 539-2
- Materials – frame, extruded aluminum profiles; corner blocks, diecast aluminum; adjustable 19" panel mounts (1.5 or 2mm steel); side panels, top and doors (1mm steel)
- Colors – metal parts, graphite gray powder epoxy paint; ABS corner trims blue RAL 5007 (other colors available as accessories).
METCASE is the metal enclosures division of OKW Enclosures, Inc. For more information on RETEX LOGIC2 network racks, please view the METCASE website or contact Sean Bailey, Tel: 800-965-9872.
METCASE specializes in the design and manufacture of high quality aluminum enclosures for the electronics industry. The METCASE range has been designed to allow for modifications to be carried out with ease.
Special sizes and versions of the enclosures can be produced in batch quantities from as little as 10 units. This flexibility provides design engineers with an exceptional range of options for developing new products and variations.
METCASE is also the USA representative for the market-leading RETEX range of flat-pack 19” racks, 19” wall cabinets and SERIES 50 extruded aluminum enclosures.
METCASE is a division of the OKW Group.
OKW Enclosures, Inc
3000 Old Pond Road
Bridgeville, PA 15017
Phone: 412 220 9244
Fax: 412 220 9247