Auditors are often interested in how often your network is scanned and whether it is scanned by an external source to ensure compliance with established best practices. With ioBeacon you can now say it's scanned daily by a third party.
Past News ReleasesRSS
Calgary, Alberta (PRWEB) July 25, 2007
Companies wishing to automate their port and network monitoring and generate daily security scanning audit reports for compliance purposes will benefit from the new on-line security service provided by ioBeacon. The automated security system remove the burden of manual network monitoring and scans thus freeing IT administration resources for other duties.
ioBeacon is designed to automate the mundane daily task of scanning and checking external IP addresses for changes in port condition. The on-line service performs a daily scan of a client's IP address and compares the results against a table of expected values. If the network monitoring service finds any discrepancies between the scanned and the expected conditions be found, the client is alerted via email.
ioBeacon provides the option to generate a printable audit report based upon results of the current scan. A printable discrepancy report and a log history are also available.
"ioBeacon's niche is in ensuring security best-practices are followed by automating the mundane task of daily network scans and results comparisons," says Surgite Ventures' President, Scott A. Eden. "Auditors are often interested in how often your network is scanned and whether it is scanned by an external source to ensure compliance with established best practices. With ioBeacon you can now say it's scanned daily by a third party."
Key Product Features:
- Convenience: The system is fully automated, non-intrusive, and does not require local installation.
- Increased Security: Promptly discover unauthorized Internet services. Handle system integrity compromises pro-actively before they become a large problem.
- Cost Effective: for a monthly subscription fee, ioBeacon operates 24x7x365, removes the burden of manual network monitoring and scans thus freeing IT administration resources for other duties.
- On-line Web Interface: The secure web interface permits management of IP addresses, review of scan logs, and the generation of audit reports.
- Easy to Use: The ioBeacon web-based menu system provides a simple point-n-click solution.
- The monthly subscription rate is based upon the number of monitored IP addresses.
- The price per IP address decreases as the package size increases.
- Packages start at US$27.00 for a single IP address.
For FREE TRIAL:
Surgite Ventures, the creator of ioBeacon, is based in Calgary, Alberta, and has been providing Linux consulting services since 2001. Surgite Ventures is a privately held company and has been successful in providing IT solutions to the Calgary business community.
# # #