The first week of December patents picked up significantly with an increase of 1,064 in the total number of patents issued compared to last week.
(PRWEB) December 10, 2011
StrutPatent.com, a new patent search portal powered by Strut Patent, LLC., has released their latest report on new patents issued by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). The information below outlines the top recipients of patents issued on December 6, 2011.
Total Patents Issued: 5,246
Top 10 Categories (categories with the most new patents issued):
- Physics - Computing; Calculating; Counting (798)
- Electricity - Electric Communication Technique (532)
- Electricity - Basic Electric Elements (424)
- Haman Necessities - Medical of Veterinary Sciences; Hygiene (412)
- Physics - Measuring; Testing (238)
- Chemistry; Metallurgy - Organic Chemistry (132)
- Physics - Information Storage (105)
- Chemistry; Metallurgy - Biochemistry; Beer; Spirits; Wine; Vinegar; Microbiology; Enzymology; Mutation of Genetic Engineering (100)
- Human Necessities - Agriculture; Forestry; Animal Husbandry; Hunting; Trapping; Fishing (99)
- Physics - Optics (91)
Top 10 Inventors (inventors with the most new patents issued):
- William H. Eby (8)
- Kia Silverbrook (8)
- Shou-Shan Fan (6)
- Kai-Li Jiang (5)
- Scott H. Wittkopp (5)
- James M. Hart (5)
- Peter Turecek (5)
- Juergen Siekmann (5)
- Alberto Lievore (5)
- Charles J. Winslow (5)
Top 10 Organizations / Assignees (organizations / assignees with the most new patents issued):
- Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd. (5)
- Panasonic Corporation (5)
- Microsoft Corporation (5)
- Sony Corporation (5)
- Canon Kabushiki Kaisha ((5)
- Hong Fu Jin Precision Industry (ShenZen) Co., Ltd. (5)
- Kabushiki Kaisha Toshiba (5)
- Fujitsu Limited (5)
- Seiko Epson Corporation (5)
- Hitachi, Ltd. (5)
The first week of December patents picked up significantly with an increase of 1,064 in the total number of patents issued compared to last week. Physics (Computing; Calculating; Counting) was again the top category as it has been for many weeks, however this week there was a significant increase in the number of patents issued in that category from 563 last week to 798 this week.
Kia Silverbrook is the only inventor to make the list of the Top 10 Inventors this week. Though Silverbrook was issued fewer patents this week he rose one spot to number two. Most of the Top 10 Corporations from last week are on the list again, although none of them are in the same position they were last week. The three new corporations to make the list are Hong Fu Jin Precision Industry (ShenZen) Co., Ltd., Seiko Epson Corporation and Hitachi, Ltd.
StrutPatent.com, a patent search portal powered by Strut Patent, LLC., uses high quality data to provide inventors and businesses with the ability to quickly and easily research patents to find information on inventors and application specifics, obtain summaries of inventions and view drawings associated with a particular patent . StrutPatents.com features comprehensive, yet user-friendly patent search tools, weekly updates on newly issued patents, patent directories, information about patent applications, inventors, assignees, patent numbers, patents grants, patents issued by the United States Patent and Trademark Office and other like services and resources.
# # #