Although there were less patents issued overall, there was a notable jump in the number of patents issued to the top inventors on the list.
Austin, TX (PRWEB) December 23, 2011
New patent search portal, StrutPatent.com, has just released their most recent report on new patents issued by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). The lists and information below identifies the top recipients of patents issued on December 20, 2011.
Total Patents Issued: 3,961
Top 10 Categories (categories with the most new patents issued):
- Physics - Computing; Calculating; Counting (583)
- Electricity - Electric Communication Technique (413)
- Electricity - Basic Electric Elements (338)
- Human Necessities - Medical of Veterinary Sciences; Hygiene (272)
- Physics - Measuring; Testing (176)
- Human Necessities - Agriculture; Forestry; Animal Husbandry; Hunting; Trapping; Fishing (95)
- Physics - Optics (83)
- Electricity - Electric Techniques Not Otherwise Provided for (83)
- Physics - Information Storage (81)
- Physics - Photography; Cinematography, Analogous Techniques Using Waves Other Than Optical Waves; Electrography; Holography
Top 10 Inventors (inventors with the most new patents issued):
- Kia Silverbrook (24)
- Brent Rodney Jones ( 20)
- Brian Walter Aznoe (19)
- Jonathan R Ritter (17)
- Christopher R Gold (17)
- Romualdo T. Impas (12)
- Nathan T Smith (10)
- Craig H Baker (10)
- Paul Lapstun (9)
- Tobias Diimmen (6)
Top 10 Organizations / Assignees (organizations / assignees with the most new patents issued):
- Canon Kabushiki Kaisha (6)
- Microsoft Corporation (6)
- International Business Machines Corporation (6)
- Panasonic Corporation (6)
- Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd. (6)
- Sony Corporation (6)
- Xerox Corporation (6)
- Kabushiki Kaisha Toshiba (6)
- Silverbrook Research Pty Ltd. (6)
- Fujitsu Limited (6)
This week there was a significant decline of 1290 new patents compared to the number of patents issued on December 13, 2011. Little change occurred within the top 10 categories list. The top category again was Physics (Computing; Calculating; Counting) and only two new categories show up on the list this week, Electricity - Electric Techniques Not Otherwise Provided for and Physics - Photography; Cinematography, Analogous Techniques Using Waves Other Than Optical Waves; Electrography; Holography.
Kia Silverbrook regained his top spot on the list of inventors with 24 new patents. Although there were less patents issued overall, there was a notable jump in the number of patents issued to the top inventors on the list. The top ten assignees list is almost identical to last week with the only change being that Silverbrook Research Pty Ltd. was taken the place of QUALCOMM Incorporated.
To search for patents or learn more about Strut Patent, LLC., please visit: StrutPatent.com
StrutPatent.com, a patent search portal powered by Strut Patent, LLC., uses high quality data to provide inventors and businesses with the ability to quickly and easily research patents to find information on inventors and application specifics, obtain summaries of inventions and view drawings associated with a particular patent . StrutPatent.com features comprehensive, yet user-friendly patent search tools, weekly updates on newly issued patents, patent directories, information about patent applications, inventors, assignees, patent numbers, patents grants, patents issued by the United States Patent and Trademark Office and other like services and resources.