The most significant findings this week is the surge in the total number of patents issued compared to last week's patents and the change in the top inventors granted patents.
(PRWEB) December 30, 2011
Patent search portal StrutPatent.com has released their weekly report on new patents issued by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). The information below analyzes the top recipients of patents issued on December 27, 2011.
Total Patents Issued: 4,929
Top 10 Categories (categories with the most new patents issued):
- Physics - Computing; Calculating; Counting (794)
- Electricity - Electric Communication Technique (534)
- Electricity - Basic Electric Elements (386)
- Human Necessities - Medical or Veterinary Sciences; Hygiene (344)
- Physics - Measuring; Testing (238)
- Physics - Information Storage (122)
- Electricity - Basic Electronic Circuitry (98)
- Physics - Photography; Cinematography, Analogous Techniques Using Waves Other Than Optical Waves; Electrography; Holography (96)
- Mechanical Engineering; Lighting; Heating; Weapons; Blasting (95)
- Chemistry; Metallurgy (95)
Top 10 Inventors (inventors with the most new patents issued):
- John S. Pontaoe (6)
- Koichi Kuwano (5)
- Benjamin J. Feldman (5)
- Ahmadreza Rofougaran (5)
- Jill Seliskar (5)
- Dan Peacock (5)
- Kristie Hamilton (5)
- Fang Yuan (5)
- Chih-Ming Lai (5)
- David A. Shereyk (5)
Top 10 Organizations / Assignees (organizations / assignees with the most new patents issued):
- International Business Machines Corporation (5)
- Canon Kabushiki Kaisha (5)
- Panasonic Corporation (5)
- Microsoft Corporation (5)
- Kabushiki Kaisha Toshiba (5)
- Sony Corporation (5)
- Broadcom Corporation (5)
- Xerox Corporation (5)
- Hitachi, Ltd. (5)
- Seiko Epson Corporation (5)
The most significant findings this week is the surge in the total number of patents issued compared to last week's patents and the top inventors granted patents. The last week of December the USPTO issued nearly 1,000 more patents for an increase of almost 25% over last week. More notable, all the inventors are new to the StrutPatent.com top patents list. There are also more female inventors this week than in the weeks prior.
The patent categories and assignees remain largely unchanged. The assignees new to the list this week are Broadcom Corporation, Hitachi, Ltd., and Seiko Epson Corporation. The three new categories are Electricity - Basic Electronic Circuitry, Mechanical Engineering; Lighting; Heating; Weapons; Blasting and Chemistry; Metallurgy.
To search for patents or learn more about Strut Patent, LLC., please visit: StrutPatent.com
StrutPatent.com, a patent search portal powered by Strut Patent, LLC., uses high quality data to provide inventors and businesses with the ability to quickly and easily research patents to find information on inventors and application specifics, obtain summaries of inventions and view drawings associated with a particular patent . StrutPatent.com features comprehensive, yet user-friendly patent search tools, weekly updates on newly issued patents, patent directories, information about patent applications, inventors, assignees, patent numbers, patents grants, patents issued by the United States Patent and Trademark Office and other like services and resources.