(PRWEB) February 23, 2012
The most recent StrutPatent.com report provides an overview of the most important trends and activity for patents issued by the USPTO. The new patent report summarized below identifies the top recipients of patents issued on February 21, 2012.
Total Patents Issued: 5,284
Top 10 Categories (categories with the most new patents issued):
- Physics - Computing; Calculating; Counting (843)
- Electricity - Electric Communication Technique (566)
- Electricity - Basic Electric Elements (521)
- Human Necessities - Medical or Veterinary Sciences; Hygiene (406)
- Physics - Measuring; Testing (241)
- Physics - Information Storage (113)
- Human Necessities - Agriculture; Forestry; Animal Husbandry; Hunting; Trapping; Fishing (104)
- Physics - Optics (101)
- Electricity - Basic Electronic Circuitry (98)
- Physics - Photography; Cinematography; Analogous Techniques Using Waves Other Than Optical Waves; Electrography; Holography (91)
Top 10 Inventors (inventors with the most new patents issued):
- Kia Silverbrook (17)
- William H. Eby (11)
- Christopher A. Kruckenberg (8)
- Jeffrey A. Spindler (8)
- Frank Benold (8)
- Paul Lapstun (6)
- David William Mills (6)
- Jeffrey P. Gambino (5)
- Anthony H. Heap (5)
- Shunpei Yamazaki (5)
Top 10 Organizations / Assignees (organizations / assignees with the most new patents issued):
- International Business Machines Corporation (182)
- Microsoft Corporation (55)
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd (52)
- Panasonic Corporation (49)
- Sony Corporation (47)
- Kabushiki Kaisha Toshiba (46)
- Canon Kabushiki Kaisha (39)
- General Electric Company (35)
- Hitachi, Ltd. (30)
- Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd. (28)
Patent activity remained fairly steady overall with very little change in the total number of patents issued this week compared to the number of patents issued last week. Across the top 10 categories only two are new to the list, Human Necessities - Agriculture; Forestry; Animal Husbandry; Hunting; Trapping; Fishing and Physics - Optics. For the majority of categories that made the list again this week the numbers of patents issued were almost identical from the week prior.
The most significant increase in patents is the total number assigned to International Business Machines Corporation, which is once again the organization with the most patents. This week they received nearly double the number of patents they secured last week. Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd. is the only newcomer on the February 21, 2012 patents list.
It's also worth noting that the patent master Kia Silverbrook maintained his spot at the top of the inventor's list, far out pacing the other inventors in the top 10 this week.
To search for patents or learn more about Strut Patent, LLC., please visit: StrutPatent.com
StrutPatent.com, a patent search portal powered by Strut Patent, LLC., uses high quality data to provide inventors and businesses with the ability to quickly and easily research patents to find information on inventors and application specifics, obtain summaries of inventions and view drawings associated with a particular patent . StrutPatent.com features comprehensive, yet user-friendly patent search tools, weekly updates on newly issued patents, patent directories, information about patent applications, inventors, assignees, patent numbers, patents grants, patents issued by the United States Patent and Trademark Office and other like services and resources.