The top assignees list was mixed with the top 7 spots going to organizations that have had a lot of patent activity in recent months.
(PRWEB) February 04, 2012
New patent search portal StrutPatent.com has published a report on recent patents issued by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). The information below is analysis of that data which was used to determine the top recipients of patents issued on January 24, 2012.
Total Patents Issued: 4,725
Top 10 Categories (categories with the most new patents issued):
- Physics - Computing; Calculating; Counting (734)
- Electricity - Electric Communication Technique (509)
- Electricity - Basic Electric Elements (414)
- Human Necessities - Medical or Veterinary Sciences; Hygiene (396)
- Physics - Measuring; Testing (221)
- Chemistry; Metallurgy - Organic Chemistry (103)
- Physics - Information Storage (95)
- Mechanical Engineering; Lighting; Heating; Weapons; Blasting (83)
- Physics - Optics (78)
- Electricity - Basic Electronic Circuitry (77)
Top 10 Inventors (inventors with the most new patents issued):
- Kia Silverbrook (16)
- Paul Lapstun (7)
- Shunpei Yamazaki (6)
- Stuart Harvey Lee (5)
- Jochen Schaepers (5)
- Jihoo Kim (5)
- Tae Young Choi (5)
- Doug Nyung Lim (5)
- Sung Ho Kim (5)
- Cheonjoo Kim (5)
Top 10 Organizations / Assignees (organizations / assignees with the most new patents issued):
- International Business Machines Corporation (115)
- Sony Corporation (65)
- Microsoft Corporation (56)
- Kabushiki Kaisha Toshiba (46)
- Panasonic Corporation (37)
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd (35)
- Canon Kabushiki Kaisha (34)
- Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. (32)
- GM Global Technology Operations LLC (30)
- LG Electronics Inc. (28)
This round of new patents was slightly lower than the last week of December 2011, but only by 204 patents. However, is it a change from the upward momentum that happened at the end of last year. Kia Silverbrook is back at the top of the inventor's list with an impressive 16 patents. Most of the other inventors noted are making their debut on the StrutPatent.com top inventors list this week.
The top assignees list was mixed with the top 7 spots going to organizations that have had a lot of patent activity in recent months. However, International Business Machines Corporation far outdid the others which is no surprise considering they were assigned 6119 patents during 2011. That's 3497 more patents than any other company last year. The categories list was also largely unchanged with Physics - Optics being the only category listed that hasn't been in the top 10 in recent weeks.
To search for patents or learn more about Strut Patent, LLC., please visit: StrutPatent.com
StrutPatent.com, a patent search portal powered by Strut Patent, LLC., uses high quality data to provide inventors and businesses with the ability to quickly and easily research patents to find information on inventors and application specifics, obtain summaries of inventions and view drawings associated with a particular patent . StrutPatent.com features comprehensive, yet user-friendly patent search tools, weekly updates on newly issued patents, patent directories, information about patent applications, inventors, assignees, patent numbers, patents grants, patents issued by the United States Patent and Trademark Office and other like services and resources.