(PRWEB) March 28, 2012
A new StrutPatent.com report analyzes top trends for the latest patents issued by the United States Patent and Trade Office. The data below lists the top recipients of patents issued on March 27, 2012.
Total Patents Issued: 5,425
Top 10 Categories (categories with the most new patents issued):
- Physics - Computing; Calculating; Counting (843)
- Electricity - Electric Communication Technique (640)
- Electricity - Basic Electric Elements (456)
- Human Necessities - Medical or Veterinary Sciences; Hygiene (402)
- Physics - Measuring; Testing (229)
- Physics - Photography; Cinematography; Analogous Techniques Using Waves Other Than Optical Waves; Electrography; Holography (115)
- Physics - Information Storage (114)
- Chemistry; Metallurgy - Organic Chemistry (109)
- Human Necessities - Agriculture; Forestry; Animal Husbandry; Hunting; Trapping; Fishing (100)
- Electricity - Basic Electronic Circuitry (96)
Top 10 Inventors (inventors with the most new patents issued):
- William John Davis (6)
- Charlie Arthur Payne (6)
- Dong Hoon Choo (6)
- Sung Wook Kim (6)
- Tom Thai (5)
- John Kilpatrick (5)
- Dejan Sormaz (5)
- Ramon Espinosa (5)
- David Edward Miller (5)
- Karin Jo Eanes (5)
Top 10 Organizations / Assignees (organizations / assignees with the most new patents issued):
- International Business Machines Corporation (94)
- Panasonic Corporation (67)
- Canon Kabushiki Kaisha (66)
- Kabushiki Kaisha Toshiba (63)
- Microsoft Corporation (62)
- Sony Corporation (53)
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd (47)
- Seiko Epson Corporation (42)
- LG Electronics Inc. (40)
- Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd. (38)
The USPTO issued slightly more patents this week than the total number of patents issued on March 20, 2012 which was one of the highest on record for this year. However, the patents seem to be a little more evenly distributed between the categories as well as the inventors and assignees.
The most significant finding of this week is the large drop in patents issued to the top assignee, International Business Machines Corporation. The corporation has topped our Top 10 Assignees list for weeks and though it maintained its number one position, it secured far less patents this week compared to weeks prior. This may signify a slow down for International Business Machines Corporation.
The top 10 categories were largely unchanged with Human Necessities - Agriculture; Forestry; Animal Husbandry; Hunting; Trapping; Fishing being the only new category to make the list this week. There was a whole new set of top 10 inventors, but there was a four-way tie for the top spot and a six-way tie for second.
To search for patents or learn more about Strut Patent, LLC., please visit: StrutPatent.com
StrutPatent.com, a patent search portal powered by Strut Patent, LLC., uses high quality data to provide inventors and businesses with the ability to quickly and easily research patents to find information on inventors and application specifics, obtain summaries of inventions and view drawings associated with a particular patent . StrutPatent.com features comprehensive, yet user-friendly patent search tools, weekly updates on newly issued patents, patent directories, information about patent applications, inventors, assignees, patent numbers, patents grants, patents issued by the United States Patent and Trademark Office and other like services and resources.