(PRWEB) March 07, 2012
A new report just released by StrutPatent.com provides a snapshot of the most important trends and activity for patents issued by the USPTO. The information provided below highlights the top recipients of patents issued on March 6, 2012.
Total Patents Issued: 5,333
Top 10 Categories (categories with the most new patents issued):
- Physics - Computing; Calculating; Counting (897)
- Electricity - Electric Communication Technique (613)
- Electricity - Basic Electric Elements (452)
- Human Necessities - Medical or Veterinary Sciences; Hygiene (407)
- Physics - Measuring; Testing (245)
- Physics - Information Storage (131)
- Physics - Photography; Cinematography; Analogous Techniques Using Waves Other Than Optical Waves; Electrography; Holography (99)
- Chemistry; Metallurgy - Organic Chemistry (91)
- Human Necessities - Agriculture; Forestry; Animal Husbandry; Hunting; Trapping; Fishing (91)
- Mechanical Engineering; Lighting; Heating; Weapons; Blasting (87)
Top 10 Inventors (inventors with the most new patents issued):
- Robert Sabernig (10)
- Clancy Gerald Boyer (10)
- Frank Delmar Macaulay (10)
- Scott T. Becker (9)
- Michael C. Smayling (9)
- Tom Schoenherr (7)
- Matthias Oesterle (7)
- Manabu Honma (6)
- Katsuyuki Hishiya (6)
- Robert J. Dupont, Sr. (6)
Top 10 Organizations / Assignees (organizations / assignees with the most new patents issued):
- International Business Machines Corporation (173)
- Panasonic Corporation (72)
- Canon Kabushiki Kaisha (53)
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd (46)
- Microsoft Corporation (46)
- Kabushiki Kaisha Toshiba (42)
- Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. (36)
- Sony Corporation (34)
- Hitachi, Ltd. (33)
- Siemens Aktiengesellschaft (31)
The overall number of patents this week is up by more than 60 compared to the total number of patents issued on February 28, 2012. However, not everyone saw a boost in their numbers. Robert J. Dupont, Sr. was the only inventor from last week to make it onto the top 10 list again this week, but he dropped from first place to a three-way tie for last place.
As for the assignees, International Business Machines Corporation and Panasonic Corporation held onto their top two spots and secured significantly more patents in the process. But the rest of the list is largely unchanged with the exception of Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. and Hitachi, Ltd. making a return and Siemens Aktiengesellschaft breaking into the top 10 list for the first time.
For those patent fanatics that follow our Weekly StrutPatent.com Top 10 List the categories will come as no surprise. Physics - Computing; Calculating; Counting continues its top spot streak this week and Mechanical Engineering; Lighting; Heating; Weapons; Blasting made its way back onto the list in 10th place. Beyond that there were few changes.
To search for patents or learn more about Strut Patent, LLC., please visit: StrutPatent.com
StrutPatent.com, a patent search portal powered by Strut Patent, LLC., uses high quality data to provide inventors and businesses with the ability to quickly and easily research patents to find information on inventors and application specifics, obtain summaries of inventions and view drawings associated with a particular patent . StrutPatent.com features comprehensive, yet user-friendly patent search tools, weekly updates on newly issued patents, patent directories, information about patent applications, inventors, assignees, patent numbers, patents grants, patents issued by the United States Patent and Trademark Office and other like services and resources.