Locksmithing in New York City started off as an honest industry before it deteriorated to what we see today; we at LockBusters are very grateful for the opportunity to correct that.
New York City, NY (Vocus) May 7, 2010
When it comes to choosing a New York City locksmith for your emergency situations, it’s always a gamble. Rarely is the reason for the phone call a positive moment and the last thing you need is added trouble. The Lockbusters locksmith service aims to discontinue the negative stigma attached to the industry by educating consumers and offering helpful tips for avoiding common locksmith scams.
Noted on Yelp.com as New York City's top rated locksmith, Lockbusters’ motto is that a customer should “Never Get Ripped Off” and “Never Overpay” for locksmith service in New York City.
“Locksmithing in New York City started off as an honest industry before it deteriorated to what we see today; we at LockBusters are very grateful for the opportunity to correct that.”
In an industry that has such a negative stereotype attached, Lockbusters intends to separate themselves from the pack by offering these honest and helpful tips to educate consumers and improve their locksmith interactions:
- Know Your Situation: Most lockouts can be remedied with less expensive and invasive methods than drilling -- salvage parts whenever possible and do not pay for more than you need.
- Avoid Vague Pricing: The most common rip-off strategy amongst NYC locksmiths is gray-area pricing and hidden fees. Always deal with a locksmith that offers upfront and flat rate pricing.
- Confirm the Pricing: When the technician arrives, always review the quoted prices and confirm the details before engaging in the service.
- Installation Fees: Make sure the quote given includes the price of installation -- don’t get charged for what should be included.
- Reputation is Key: Shop around! Always use a locksmith service with a standup reputation in the community for trustworthiness, professionalism, punctuality and courtesy.
The Lockbusters is an East Village New York City locksmith company dedicated to professional and reliable locksmithing. Because the locksmith trade’s reputation is suffering, The Lockbusters started their business as a response to the glaring inadequacies in the profession; hidden charges, less than up-front pricing and outrageous rates are some of the horrible stereotypes that they refuse to perpetuate. The LockBusters are here to provide service at the guaranteed lowest prices that are proudly displayed on their website.