New Albany, IN (PRWEB) March 12, 2014
By the end of the month, New Albany cosmetic dentist Dr. Ronald Receveur will have a second surgical suite, completing an already busy 2014 expansion.
The new surgical suite includes a state of the art, top of the line Midmark 641 Barrier-Free power procedures chair.
"This suite allows us to help more patients and minimize how long each patient has to wait for needed procedures," Dr. Receveur said.
Already this year Dr. Receveur has expanded his office at 819 Mount Tabor Rd. in New Albany to include a new in-house dental lab and Galileos 3D CT Scan imaging so patients can begin and end their care in his office and receive predictable, long-term solutions.
The new 1,200-square-foot dental lab and the dedicated lab technician to work in it allow Dr. Receveur to guarantee fit, cosmetics and comfort for denture and implant patients, including those that make patients look as though they’ve had a facelift.
Advantages of an on-site laboratory technician include:
● Complete control and creation of a patient’s new smile all in one place under one doctor, often in one day.
● Patients have more say in the color and shade of their new teeth with a ceramist on site.
● Minor adjustments can be made on the spot rather than having to return ordered components.
● The dentist/technician team can craft a patient’s smile and make minor changes while the patient waits in the chair.
With a Galileos 3D CAT Scan in his office, Dr. Receveur can explain a patient’s options right on the spot to solve his or her problems with missing or failing teeth, denture problems, and failing dentistry.
The Galileos 3D Dental Imaging System offers computerized axial tomography (CAT) scans of the jaw and mouth. With CAT scans, also called computed tomography (CT) scans, computers combine hundreds of X-ray images to generate high-resolution, three-dimensional views of facial bones, including teeth and jaw bones. The 3D images show bone structure, bone density, tissues and nerves.
Dr. Receveur’s dental implant clinic in New Albany, across the Ohio River from Louisville, Ky., is one of only about 500 offices in the country, and the only practice in Southern Indiana, using a Galileos 3D CAT scanner to diagnose and treat patients.
With the Galileos, Dr. Receveur’s patients have the precision and accuracy of CAT scan radiography without leaving his office.
Unlike CAT scans at hospitals and imaging centers, which require patients to lie down, patients sit in an open-air chair for the Galileos 3D CAT Scan for about 20 seconds.
Dr. Receveur said there are additional benefits of the new machine:
1. Improved Diagnostic Ability: Three-dimensional images find 25 percent more tumors, abscessed teeth and abnormalities than traditional two-dimensional dental x-rays.
2. Reduced Radiation: The Galileos CAT Scan has 10 percent (90% less) of the radiation of a CAT scan at a hospital.
3. Decreased Cost: The Galileos CAT Scan costs about half of a medical CAT scan.
The Galileos will be a huge success with Louisville and New Albany all on 4 dental implants patients, all on 6 dental implants patients, teeth in a day patients and teeth in an hour patients, Dr. Receveur said.
Some of the main ways Galileos CT scans are used in dentistry are:
● To determine the quality of the jawbone where an implant will be placed.
● To see virtual placement of implants using advanced software.
● To observe where nerves are located.
● To diagnose tumors and diseases in the early stages.
● To measure the density of the jawbone where an implant will be placed.
● To find the most effective placement for implants, including the angle of best fit.
● To plan a complete surgical procedure in advance.
● To accurately decide on the appropriate size and type of implants.
● To view the exact orientation and position of each tooth.
● To see impacted teeth.
Receveur, one of Louisville’s best cosmetic dentists, can provide traditional family dentistry such as teeth cleanings, fillings, crowns, extractions, root canals and dental implants in one day. He also can do more advanced cosmetic dentistry like All on Four dental implants, bone grafting and sinus lifts and dental implants, all with IV sedation dentistry.
He recently added Strickland Facelift Dentures™, and he also offers a 10-year warranty on dental implants.
Dr. Receveur is a native of New Albany, Ind. He graduated from Indiana University Southeast, where he graduated with honors in chemistry. He earned his doctorate in Dental Surgery from the Indiana University School of Dentistry.
Dr. Receveur has been providing cutting-edge dentistry to Southern Indiana and Greater Louisville residents since 1981.
Dr. Receveur receives extensive continuing education, accruing more than 5,000 hours of postgraduate training. He has completed numerous advanced certifications in Comprehensive Restorative, Implant, Sedation and Aesthetic Dentistry, so he can provide the most current dentistry to his patients.
To learn more about Dr. Receveur’s office and the services he offers, go to NewAlbanyImplants.com.