Using compassionate arguments, inescapable logic, and a skillful presentation of biblical truth, Abanes has put together an insightful, fair-minded, and cogent refutation of Eckhart Tolle's teachings.
Minneapolis, MN (PRWEB) June 4, 2008
Award-winning journalist Richard Abanes responds to the confusing and contradictory claims, New Age ideas, and misleading spirituality being put forth as "Truth" in the mega-bestseller A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle. 'A New Earth, An Old Deception' by Richard Abanes is a must-read for thoughtful persons seeking more information about Tolle's claims, especially about scripture.
In an easy-to-use format, Abanes provides biblical responses to questions raised by Tolle's views, including:
- Who or what is God--and is God separate from us?
- Does Tolle accurately interpret the Bible?
- Is everyone essentially "One" with all that exists?
- Is evil real, or do we only perceive it as real?
- Are all religions equally false/true and do they all teach a single core Truth?
- Is suffering just an illusion of our mind?
These helpful appendices are also included in 'A New Earth, An Old Deception':
- What Really Happened to Tolle? - Abanes explains the experience which Tolle describes as a splitting of his psyche into his false "self" and the real "self" the night when his belief system was born and he was on the verge of suicide.
- A reference list of 80 major questions raised by Tolle in A New Earth (and responded to by Abanes)
Praise for 'A New Earth, An Old Deception':
"Using compassionate arguments, inescapable logic, and a skillful presentation of biblical truth, Abanes has put together an insightful, fair-minded, and cogent refutation of Eckhart Tolle's teachings." -- Hank Hanegraaff, president of the Christian Research Institute
"A New Earth, An Old Deception equips the believer with solid answers for those who may be confused by Tolle's claims." -- Tom Stipe, Senior Pastor, Crossroads Church of Denver
"Abanes offers an irenic, yet piercing, analysis of Eckhart Tolle, and in doing so exposes another New Age guru." -- H. Wayne House, Distinguished Research Professor of Biblical and Theological Studies, Faith Evangelical Seminary
The Immense Popularity of Eckhart Tolle's 'A New Earth'
- More than 4 million copies shipped since its January 2008 release
- It is an Oprah Book Club pick and Oprah joined Tolle to teach a 10-week A New Earth Webcast class which had millions of participants
- A similar online "summer school" will start in June 2008
About the Author
Richard Abanes is a bestselling and award-winning author of twenty books, specializing in the area of cults, the occult, world religions, and pop culture. His most popular titles include The Truth Behind the Da Vinci Code; One Nation Under Gods; and Harry Potter, Narnia, and The Lord of the Rings. He's written for most major Christian magazines and in 1997 received The Myers Center Award for the Study of Human Rights in North America for his "outstanding work on intolerance." He has been interviewed on hundreds of radio and TV programs including The 700 Club, Hard Copy, MSNBC, and CNN.
Visit http://www.bethanyhouse.com/Book.asp?isbn=978-0-7642-0664-1 for more information or to download a cover image and press kit.