This year for Independence Day, treat your friends and family to some of Nick Loeb's favorite Onion Crunch recipes on the grill.
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) July 03, 2012
Onion Crunch is excited to kick off the summer and share President and Founder Nick Loeb’s favorite twists on barbeque classics. Onion Crunch is an ALL-NATURAL topping that can be sprinkled on foods to bring out the crisp goodness of roasted onion flavor in hotdogs, hamburgers, salads, sandwiches, dips, soups, spreads, baked potatoes, vegetables, steaks, pizza, and much more.
This year for Independence Day, treat your friends and family to some of Nick Loeb’s favorite Onion Crunch recipes on the grill:
Grilled Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Onion Crunch® Dogs
1 tsp ketchup
1 tsp Dijon mustard
4 large hot dogs, knockwurst, or kielbasa
1/2 ounce cheddar cheese, cut into long sticks
2 Tbsp Onion Crunch®
1 cup refrigerated sauerkraut, drained, roughly chopped
4 slices bacon
4 long hot dog buns
1. Prepare your grill for direct medium high heat.
2. Mix together ketchup and mustard in a small bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the sauerkraut with ONION CRUNCH®, set aside. Slice open the hot dogs, down the center, lengthwise, forming a deep pocket in each, but not cutting all the way through. Coat the inside of each hot dog with the mustard ketchup mixture.
3. Place a strip of cheese deep within the pocket of each hot dog. Top with sauerkraut and onions. Encapsulate the cheese at the ends with the sauerkraut mixture as well, so that no cheese is exposed (otherwise it will drip out when cooking).
4. Wrap a strip of bacon around each stuffed hot dog, securing with toothpicks at each end.
5. Coat your grill surface with vegetable oil. Place the stuffed hot dogs on the grill, stuffing side down. Grill for 2 minutes, until the bacon on one side is cooked, turn the hot dogs a quarter turn and continue cooking until bacon is done.
6. Remove toothpicks place in toasted buns and serve.
Blue Cheese- Onion Crunch Infused Burgers
2 pounds ground chuck
1 cup Onion Crunch
1/4 cup steak sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
8 to 10 hamburger buns
8 ounces crumbled blue cheese
Arugula and sliced tomatoes, for serving, optional
1. In a large bowl, carefully mix the ground chuck, Onion Crunch, crumbled blue cheese, steak sauce, salt and pepper.
2. Lightly form into 8 to 10 hamburger patties and press lightly into shape.
3. Lightly coat grill with olive oil
4. Cook the hamburgers for 4 minutes on 1 side, then turn and cook 3 minutes on the other side for medium-rare.
5. Remove to a plate and cover with aluminum foil. Allow the hamburgers to rest for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, grill the buns, cut side down, for 1 minute, until toasted.
6. Place a hamburger and, plus arugula and tomato, if desired, and serve hot.
Onion Crunch is available nationwide in stores to find your nearest location and more information, please visit: http://www.onioncrunch.com.
About Onion Crunch:
Onion Crunch is the ONLY ALL-NATURAL topping that can be sprinkled on to bring out the crispiness of a roasted onion flavor on salads, sandwiches, dips, soups, spreads, baked potatoes, vegetables, steaks, pizza, hotdogs and hamburgers! Low in carbohydrates, low in sodium, low in calories and with zero grams of trans-fat, Onion Crunch is a kosher pareve (non-dairy), tasty health-conscious snack and topping. Onion Crunch is crispy crunchy onions that have been a topping for hotdogs around the world for decades.
Onion Crunch, famous worldwide for its tasty flavors, is the most popular hotdog condiment in Sweden, Denmark, Holland, Poland, Norway, and Finland. Even in Japan the popular hotdog condiment is in all 12 baseball stadiums!
In the US, Onion Crunch is available in over 10,000 retail locations in the condiment asile next to ketchup, mustard and other toppings. These retailers include Costco, Ralphs, Shop Rite, Jewel, Acme, Safeway, K Mart, Albertsons, Lowes, Ingles, Food City, Brookshire’s, Farm Fresh, Cub Foods, Big Y, King Kullen, Nash Finch, Fresh Market, Sunoco, Holiday Convenience Stores, Xtra Mart and others.
Additionally, Onion Crunch can be found at food locations such as Souplantation, Sweet Tomato, Jerry's Wood-Fired Dogs and Lucky Dogs. Onion Crunch has also launched partnerships with select food companies, creating a Nathans Famous Onion Crunch.