The interior of the Patient Tower at the Williamsport Regional Medical Center will feature an improved healing environment for patients with spacious, private rooms using evidence-based design features.
Williamsport, PA (Vocus) November 5, 2010
Williamsport Regional Medical Center invites members of the media to a private tour of its new Patient Tower now under construction. The tour is on Wednesday, November 10, 2010 from 10:30 am to 11:30 am EST. Officials from the LF Driscoll Construction Management Company, Stantec Consulting and Susquehanna Health will be guiding the tour and provide details about each patient care floor. Part of what is called Project 2012, this 270,000 square foot expansion project is the largest in the health system’s history. Improvements are underway that include a new emergency services department, new single occupancy rooms and an Education and Innovation Center. When open in spring of 2012, the interior will feature an improved healing environment for patients with spacious private rooms using evidence based design features. Interested members of the media should RSVP by calling (570) 321-2131 and ask for Tracie Witter.
About Project 2012
Project 2012 is a $250 million renovation and expansion initiative for all three hospital campuses. It was designed to help us overcome challenges related to aging facilities and to accommodate the latest technology. The expansion and renovation of building structures will enable the hospitals to:
- Incorporate the latest in digital technology to maximize medical services and efficiencies.
- Improve physician and nursing staff recruitment and retention.
- Enhance the patient and family experience.
- Promote "green environment" with Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) standards. LEED is a rating tool used to assess and improve plans for sustainable site development, water savings, energy efficiency, materials and resources selection and indoor environmental quality.
Project highlights by hospital campus include:
Divine Providence Hospital
- Susquehanna Cancer Center renovation and expansion.
- Main Entrance/Canopy renovation.
- Sisters of Christian Charity convent replacement.
- Open an Inpatient Hospice Unit in the main hospital building -- opened in 2006.
- Relocate the Community Health Center and Dental Center to Hepburn Plaza and make parking lot/façade improvements -- completed in 2007.
- Relocate and expand the Kathryn Candor Lundy Breast Health Center to first floor of Divine Providence Hospital.
Muncy Valley Hospital
- Conversion of semi-private inpatient rooms to single occupancy rooms -- completed Spring 2010.
- Construction of Skilled Nursing Unit Family Gathering room.
- Expansion and relocation of the Physical Therapy area -- opened in 2006.
Williamsport Regional Medical Center
- New Patient Service Areas including:
o Single Occupancy Rooms.
o Larger, more efficient Emergency department.
o Heart & Vascular Institute.
o Critical care services.
- New and expanded parking areas.
- New patient entrance at High Street and Walnut Street.
- Construction of Day Care Center -- complete
About Susquehanna Health
Susquehanna Health is a three-hospital integrated health system including Divine Providence Hospital, Muncy Valley Hospital and the Williamsport Regional Medical Center located in north central Pennsylvania. Serving patients from an 11-county region, Susquehanna Health is a health care leader and has been recognized at the national and state levels for quality of care, including the Data Advantage Top 100 Hospitals in the Nation for Healthcare Value and the Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania’s Blue Distinctions designation for cardiac care, spine surgery and hip and knee replacement. Susquehanna Health offers a wide array of services that include cancer treatment, heart and vascular care/heart surgery, neurosciences including neurosurgery, orthopedics, urology, OB/GYN, gastrointestinal services, behavioral health, physical rehabilitation, home care, long term care, assisted living, and paramedic/ambulance services.