Northforge Launches CommandEMS to Slash EMS Development Time

Share Article

Customizable EMS Can Accelerate Time to Market for Technology Companies

Northforge Innovations (formerly MapleWorks Technology) is pleased to announce the launch of CommandEMS, a highly customizable Element Management System (EMS) framework designed to dramatically reduce EMS development time.

CommandEMS is 75% of a complete EMS with the remaining 25% customizable to a technology company’s element specifications. Because most of the development is already complete CommandEMS can help technology companies get their products to market faster.

“We have created 75% of an EMS so that technology companies don’t have to reinvent the wheel when they need an element management system. All that needs to be done is to customize the remaining 25% specific to their product,” said Brenda Pastorek, COO, of Northforge. “Typically, developing an EMS from the ground up can take up to a year and about $1M. The CommandEMS approach is designed to give you a robust, scalable EMS at a fraction of the cost, in a fraction of the time.”

CommandEMS offers fault, configuration and security management, as well as performance monitoring. It is scalable to thousands of units, and is device agnostic. CommandEMS is built using latest technologies (Java EE, XML and GWT) and many aspects can be easily customized (element definition, alarm rules, performance statistics presentation and the user interface). New protocols can be quickly developed and added to the framework. For more information please visit

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Janet Eastman
613 254 6587 x 102
Email >
Visit website