Union, WA (PRWEB) February 28, 2013
Alderbrook Resort & Spa continues its centennial year celebrations this March with a line-up of festive activities, including St. Patrick’s Day revelry and Easter treats for the whole family. Located just two hours from Seattle and two and-a-half hours from Portland, the iconic northwest resort is nestled on the scenic shores of Washington State’s lower Hood Canal – a perfect place to take in Spring’s warmer weather and longer days.
Nightly room rates in March begin at $99, and special events include:
St. Patrick’s Day
- Mac & Jack’s Beer Dinner (Saturday, March 16) – Alderbrook teams up with Redmond-based Mac & Jack’s Brewery to present an exclusive five-course dinner and beer pairing. The menu includes Amber Braised Pork Shanks, Steamed Penn Cove Mussels and Bacon Wrapped Cross-Cut Elk Shank, each served with a complimentary brew. Seats are $89 per person. Call (360) 898-5500 for reservations.
- St. Paddle’s Day (Sunday, March 17) – Have a rowing good time at the first annual St. Paddle’s Day Celebration, a free waterfront, family-friendly event highlighting recreational opportunities on the beautiful lower Hood Canal. Festivities go from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and include paddling races, demonstrations and lessons from local experts, plus live fiddler music and delicious Irish barbeque and brauts. Additionally, to coincide with St. Patrick’s Day, the resort will offer overnight guests a complimentary beer and fresh pretzel each Friday at 7 p.m. and live music in the lounge at 9 p.m. throughout March.
Spring Spa Events
- Good Clean Fun (Friday, March 22) – Enjoy a relaxing evening at one of the top Seattle spas. With the change of season, now is a great time to cleanse and exfoliate dry winter skin. Sip champagne and indulge in delicious snacks while enjoying two treatments – choose among the Express Skin Refining Glow, Clarisonic Facial Cleanse, Petit Facial Exfoliation or Clarisonic Back Cleans. The package is $60; call Spa at Alderbrook at (360) 898-5520 to book.
- Easter Egg Dying Class (Saturday, March 30): A day prior to Easter brunch and Alderbrook’s first-ever on-site Easter egg hunt, the resort will host a free egg dying class for all ages from 2-5 p.m.
- Easter Brunch (Sunday, March 31): Make memories with friends, family and loved ones this Easter while enjoying a one-of-a-kind brunch from the Restaurant at Alderbrook. Unlimited buffet items and desserts and your choice of one delicious entrée is $39 for adults and $14 for children under ten. Call (360) 898-5500 to reserve a spot.
- Easter Egg Hunt (Sunday, March 31): Perfect for families, Alderbrook will host its first-ever Easter egg hunt from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.! The event will take place on Alderbrook’s lush greenery and grounds and will provide a perfect backdrop for memories that will last a lifetime.
In addition to the special events, to mark 2013 as its centennial year, each month Alderbrook is highlighting a special piece of the property’s unique history and heritage. March highlights the Hood Canal’s long-storied connection to the timber industry. Guests and locals are invited to take part in guided walking tours of the property’s lush walking trails, where various types of regional timber and their roles building up the Washington’s economic wealth will be discussed. Alderbrook will also feature a collection of photographs, slideshows, tools and other artifacts that will highlight the legacy of one of the nation’s premiere timber communities.
A variety of packages and room specials are available throughout March, including $99 Friday rates when a Saturday stay is booked. To reserve a room, visit the Alderbrook’s website or call (360) 898-2145. For more information related to the events above, please visit the resort’s event calendar.
About Alderbrook Resort & Spa:
Alderbrook Resort & Spa evokes the calming spirit of the Hood Canal. Less than two hours west of Seattle, yet a world away from the everyday, the Resort is nestled on the scenic south shore of Hood Canal and is ideal for a getaway or conference retreat. Featuring 77 luxury guest rooms, 16 private one and two-bedroom cottages and three private guesthouses near the golf course, Alderbrook Resort & Spa’s thoughtfully appointed amenities include premium linens, soaking tubs, a world-class full-service spa, a waterfront pool, and a welcoming stone fireplace and library in the lobby, as well as access to the 54-foot luxury Lady Alderbrook cruise boat, the Hood Canal Marina and a neighboring PGA-class golf course and clubhouse. Named in the “Top 100 Best in the World” hotels and ranking number one of 10 of Resorts in the Pacific Northwest by Condé Nast Traveler in November 2012, “Top 10 Mainland Spas” by Condé Nast Traveler in June 2012 and “Best Resort” in 2012 by Evening Magazine, the Resort also houses The Restaurant at Alderbrook, which specializes in the region’s best local seafood and world-class wines. For more information, please visit http://www.alderbrookresort.com.