Union, WA (PRWEB) April 03, 2013
Throughout April, Alderbrook Resort & Spa is celebrating the Hood Canal’s famous underwater delicacy – oysters! Just steps away from the property, the canal’s pristine waters are fed by the nearby Olympic Mountain range, giving the 16 Hood Canal oyster varieties their world-renowned flavor. The historic NW resort, celebrating its centennial in 2013, is located just two hours from Seattle and two-and-a-half hours from Portland. A variety of oyster-focused activities will be available to guests and non-guests alike during “Extraordinary Oyster Month”, including:
Oyster 101 & Beach Tours: Learn about the canal and the unique oyster varieties found in its beautiful waters with Captain Cindy Sund. Next, head to the shore to harvest oysters during low tide for that evening’s Oyster Hour. Oyster 101 classes are free and will take place each Tuesdays and Saturdays, depending on the tides.
- Oyster Hour: Each day fresh oysters will be harvested from Alderbrook’s beach, shucked by the chef and sold for $1 on the half shell from 3-6 p.m.
- Weekly Oyster Barbeque: Thursdays from 5-6 p.m., chefs from the Restaurant at Alderbrook will lead a waterfront oyster barbeque for all guests.
- Hama Hama Oyster Rama: Starting at 11:30 a.m. on April 27, spend a fun-filled, oyster-themed day at Hama Hama Oysters in Lilliwaup. Attend Oyster School, where many varieties of oysters will be sampled and discussed. Take part in Shuckathalon, enjoy local foods, music and activities.
In addition to “Extraordinary Oyster Month”, a variety of special activities are slated to take place on the lush property during April, providing a perfect opportunity for families, couples and individuals to experience the reinvigorating nature of Alderbrook. Additional April events include:
- Wine Dinner with DeLille Cellars: On April 13, the Restaurant at Alderbrook will host a six course wine dinner featuring delicious varietals from DeLille Cellars alongside dishes that thoughtfully highlight the Pacific Northwest’s iconic flavors. Tickets are $129 and space is limited – reserve your spot by calling the resort at (360) 898-5500.
- Water Quality Program: To coincide with April’s centennial focus on the importance (and deliciousness) of oysters and shellfish, a local expert will discuss the history of the Hood Canal’s waters and how conservationists have worked to increase its overall quality. Slated for April 20, this is a free, kid-friendly event.
- Earth Day Celebration: Hosted by nearby Robin Hood Restaurant & Pub on April 21, this celebration of nature will feature a mini-farmer’s market, music and a special focus on organic farming and sustainability. The all-ages event will be both fun and educational, and attending children will receive free plant starts to take home!
To correspond with April’s on-property events and activities, the historic northwest resort is offering several special accommodation packages perfect for an ideal Washington State vacation:
- Got Kids?: With unlimited access to the property’s state of the art Xbox game room and nightly room rates starting at $100, the Family Package is ideal for an overnight getaway. Plus, kids under ten eat free with the purchase of one adult entrée.
- Spring Break Special: Available Sunday through Thursday in April, the Spring Break Special includes overnight accommodations, a s’mores kit, one hour per day in the Xbox game room and valet parking starting at $119. Stay three nights and get the fourth night free!
- Double Dogleg Escape: If there’s a golfer in the family, this is the perfect package. Available Sunday through Friday until May 23, the Double Dogleg Escape includes overnight accommodations, two rounds of Golf at the Alderbrook Golf & Yacht Club and a cart, an Under Armour golf bag and valet parking starting at $179.
- Play Hooky: Kick back and relax with a one hour Swedish massage, round of golf and a late check-out at 2 p.m. Available Sunday through Thursday between April 1st and June 30th, rates start at $199.
- Girl’s Getaway: Perfect for a girlfriends retreat from the everyday, this special includes a relaxation massage, cocktail in the Restaurant at Alderbrook, overnight accommodations in a two bedroom cottage, a spa gift and a late 1 p.m. check-out. Available between April 1st and June 30th, rates start at $175 per person.
For more information on any of the events above, please visit the resort’s event calendar. To read more about the accommodations packages, visit the Specials & Packages page on AlderbrookResort.com or call (360) 898-2145.
About Alderbrook Resort & Spa:
Alderbrook Resort & Spa evokes the calming spirit of the Hood Canal. Less than two hours west of Seattle, yet a world away from the everyday, the Resort is nestled on the scenic south shore of Hood Canal and is ideal for a getaway or conference retreat. Featuring 77 luxury guest rooms, 16 private one and two-bedroom cottages and three private guesthouses near the golf course, Alderbrook Resort & Spa’s thoughtfully appointed amenities include premium linens, soaking tubs, a world-class full-service spa, a waterfront pool, and a welcoming stone fireplace and library in the lobby, as well as access to the 54-foot luxury Lady Alderbrook cruise boat, the Hood Canal Marina and a neighboring PGA-class golf course and clubhouse. Named in the “Top 100 Best in the World” hotels and ranking number one of 10 of Resorts in the Pacific Northwest by Condé Nast Traveler in November 2012, “Top 10 Mainland Spas” by Condé Nast Traveler in June 2012 and “Best Resort” in 2012 by Evening Magazine, the Resort also houses The Restaurant at Alderbrook, which specializes in the region’s best local seafood and world-class wines. For more information, please visit http://www.alderbrookresort.com.