Maestro's clear screens make the system very easy to learn, and NORTHWIND's online Four-Diamond training ensures new hires will be productive quickly – this is essential in the fast-paced City hotel business.
Markham, ON (PRWEB) November 9, 2006
NORTHWIND, a provider of enterprise property management hotel software[ and reservation solutions for hospitality, announced The Wales Hotel in New York City installed the http://www.maestropms.com/CustomerStories.aspx?campaign=PRWebWalesWinNov92006 [NORTHWIND Maestro Enterprise Front Office System, ResEze Internet Booking engine and Maestro Analytics Business Intelligence to automate its operations at the favorite home away from home for celebs and performers.
The Wales Hotel selected Maestro Enterprise for its ease-of-use that enables staff to master the system quickly and be productive faster while caring for its A-list clientele. The Wales will use the Maestro pms' advanced Yield Management system to apply revenue optimization controls across all reservation channels, including the Internet and GDS bookings, allowing The Wales Hotel to automatically maximize rates for higher revenue. The property is employing a customized Maestro interface to the hotel's general ledger accounting system to eliminate manual entry and let staff focus on serving guests' needs. Maestro Enterprise replaced the property's previous competitive PMS system.
Warren Dehan, president of NORTHWIND's US operations, said, "NORTHWIND is pleased to have The Wales Hotel join its family from the New York area, which is close to our headquarters. The Wales is a busy Upper East Side Hotel with a high percentage of repeat business that wanted to leverage its guest information records for better service and more profitable marketing. The Maestro Analytics business intelligence application enables managers to easily access all the property's data for personalized service and more informed decisions based on current property operating statistics." Dehan also noted the ResEze booking engine seamlessly applies optimized rates from The Wales Hotel's Maestro Yield Management system to all reservation sources for uniform property pricing.
The property will also take advantage of NORTHWIND's Four-Diamond Service that provides managers and staff with regularly scheduled online system Webinar training. The Wales Hotel will use the online sessions to train new hires and keep current staff up to date on system enhancements. When NORTHWIND clients install a Maestro system, they automatically receive Four -Diamond Service as part of their System Service Package. Four-Diamond Service is a portfolio of service and training tools to keep all NORTHWIND's systems operating optimally and maximizing client profitability.
The luxurious Wales Hotel, in the heart of New York's Carnegie Hill museum district, is a favorite of celebrities and only steps away from Central Park and the Metropolitan Opera. Named one of 'New York's Sexiest Hotels' by the Metro News, The Wales Hotel is designed in the European-style with coffered ceilings, period chandeliers and guestrooms complete with Belgian linens, mahogany furniture and Aveda amenities.
"The Maestro system is a perfect fit for New York City properties," said Dehan. "Maestro's clear screens make the system very easy to learn, and NORTHWIND's online Four-Diamond training ensures new hires will be productive quickly – this is essential in the fast-paced City hotel business."
NORTHWIND is exhibiting its Maestro family of solutions at The IH/M&RS Show in New York, NY on November 12-14 2006. If you are attending the show, please visit the Maestro team at Booth # 3038 for a demonstration of the Maestro Enterprise Suite.
Maestro Enterprise Suite
The Maestro Property Management Suite combines the full-function Maestro Front Office System - used by hotels from 3,500 to 25 rooms - with a family of specialized modules that includes:
- Maestro GDS+ – An online, real-time reservation engine with integrated Yield Management to maximize ADR for virtually all eReservation channels;
- Maestro Owner Management – Fully integrated ownership accounting functionality for timeshare and condo reservations and asset performance reporting;
- Maestro Fine Dining Point of Sale – Is a flexible POS for single-terminal outlets or extensive multi-property network operations. The system is linked to each guests' record so all F&B package reconciliation is calculated automatically and reporting is accurate;
- Maestro Sales & Catering – Manages group-convention sales and function rooms, whether at one property or for a portfolio of hotels;
- Golf Management - Is a world-class tee-time scheduling and tournament system powered by Jencess for professional and private courses and clubs
- ResEze Web Booking Engine – Enables independent and multi-property hotels to take advantage of the growing online revenue opportunity by providing tools for guests to book their own reservations from an operator's website;
- Maestro Yield – A revenue manager that makes sophisticated revenue optimization strategies easy to implement and track for multiple booking channels, including Internet reservations, at one or more properties;
- Maestro Analytics – A complete business intelligence software suite that enables end-users to interactively analyze critical business information in real time for better informed decision making;
- Club Membership Management – For property-based clubs, Maestro Club Management powered by Jencess, automates membership, accounting and events from the Maestro server;
- Maestro CRM – A robust technology solution that gives managers the information to provide better guest service, build more profitable marketing campaigns and to make the best decisions for booking new business;
- Work Order Maintenance – Enables businesses to track asset use and schedule service and replacement;
- Maestro Spa & Activities Management – Enables resorts, hotels and clubs to schedule facilities and activities with real-time integration to all other modules;
- Retail Point of Sale - A fully integrated module powered by Jencess that automates property outlets, like pro shops or other stores that maintain extensive inventories, to track and post guest purchases and monitor stock levels;
- Maestro CRS – Supports a two-way interface to corporate sales offices;
- Maestro Multi-Property – Used by many multi-property operating companies and corporate reservation facilities to automate a large number of properties on a single server with a single database; or it can allow each property to operate on its own server with all files being replicated at the central corporate offices.
NORTHWIND, known in the hospitality industry for its service and state-of-the-art Maestro technology, is widely respected for providing hotels, private organizations, and corporate management companies with flexible software solutions that increase productivity.
Based in Markham, Ontario, Canada, with a network of dealers and offices worldwide, NORTHWIND is a leading supplier of software for all types of hospitality operations including hotels, resorts, timeshares, condominiums, seminaries, state parks, and clubs. Maestro applications are engineered for operators who need to manage their enterprise in a real time environment for the utmost operational control and profitability. Designed to maximize the
efficiency of any size single hotel or multi-property enterprise, NORTHWIND's Maestro solution offers the most productive working environment, which includes the following suite of products: PMS, Sales & Catering, Spa & Activities Management, CRM, Corporate Reservations Office, Multi-Property Management, Condo/Owner Management, Yield Management, F&B POS & Online Table Res, Retail POS, Golf Management, GDS Connectivity and ResEze Internet Reservations. This comprehensive multi-platform (Windows 2000/XP, Unix/Linux, Terminal Server & Web Enabled) suite is recognized as the solution of choice for progressive and demanding organizations. NORTHWIND is a total solution provider that offers leading-edge technologies, and unparalleled training and support.
About the Hotel Wales
The Hotel Wales is located at 92nd and Madison just one block from Central Park and Museum Mile. The Hotel Wales maintains a delicate balance between old world charm and modern luxury. The beds are covered in Belgian linens and down comforters, and the bathrooms are stocked with plush cotton towels and Aveda toiletries. The property is also home to Sarabeth's Restaurant, an award-winning patisserie and local brunch favorite. Sarabeth's serves breakfast, lunch and dinner daily and offers room service to the hotel's guests. The Wales is part of Luxe Worldwide Elite Collection of distinctive hotels.
Audrey MacRae – Director, Sales & Marketing
60 Renfrew Drive, Suite #235
Markham, ON L3R 0E1
Phone: (905) 940-1923 ext - 246
Fax: (905) 940-1925
The Wales Hotel
1295 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10128
Julie Keyser-Squires, APR
# # #